This is question set #28 of ‘Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series’. Mains High Value Answer Writing is a UPSC mains oriented program from ClearIAS.com that consists of 5 questions in each post, published around 8 pm every day. Each of the 5 questions are selected from 5 papers mentioned in UPSC Mains syllabus namely Essay, GS1, GS2, GS3 and GS4 (ethics). Selected questions of high probability to be asked UPSC mains are included in each of these mini tests. Aspirants can choose any question they wish to answer in the comment space provided below, specifying the question.
Questions for Answer Writing – Selections for today:
- Essay Paper: Sexism in workplace. (1500 words)
- GS 1 Paper: [World History/Cuban missile crisis] – The Cuban missile crisis had all potentials to explode into a full scale nuclear war. Trace the historical circumstances which led to Cuban Crisis. How did the crisis end? (200 words)
- GS 2 Paper: [Indian Diaspora] – Why Diaspora is special to India? List out the recent announcements made by Prime Minister with regarding Indian diaspora in his visit to US. (200 words)
- GS 3 Paper: [Indian Economy/Planning commission] What were the functions performed by the planning commission? Of the functions which need to continue to be performed, which should be retained in the new institution and which can be located in other existing bodies? Explain with reasons. (200 words)
- GS 4 Paper: [Values] Distinguish between values and ethics. What are the values that can be learned from the life of (a) Swami Vivekananda (b) Mother Theresa. (200 words)
Archives of Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series
You can access archives of Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series from the hyperlink. Aspirants are advised to check the model answers and feedback given for previous entries to write better answers.
Rules and Regulations: Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing
Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing is a free program from ClearIAS.com. Any UPSC aspirant, interested to polish his/her writing skills or to learn the art of writing high value answers to boost the score in UPSC Civil Services Mains can participate in it. The official team from ClearIAS.com may review selected answers, and guide aspirants to improve the answer structure. Fellow aspirants, experienced candidates or toppers can also comment and suggest improvements for each of the answers. The platform is free and open to public with a view of better sharing and learning. You can read more about the Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series objectives and rules in the hyperlink.
PS: Aspirants can select any question they wish to answer in the comment space provided below specifying the question. Answering 3-4 questions, does not take much of your time. But for those who engage regularly in answer writing, the resultant score improvement in actual UPSC exam would be exponential.