General Studies is the first paper for 200 marks in Civil Service Exam Prelims. This paper will include questions from History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Polity, Environment, Current Affairs etc. Though individual books for each topics under General Studies are available in the market, comprehensive guides and question banks for general studies are always in great demand.
Links are provided to buy the important Complete General Studies Guides and previous year question papers available in the market in a prelims perspective.
Recommended General Studies Guides for Civil Service Prelims
- General Studies For Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2014 – TMH. (GS Problem Solving)
- Handbook of General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary – Spectrum.
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims in 60 days – Rakesh Dwivedi. (Revision)
- The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013. (Alternative to TMH)
- General Studies – Unique. (Alternative to TMH)
Recommended General Studies Question Banks for Civil Service Prelims
- IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 19 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2013) – Disha.
- IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies wih CSAT 2013 – Arihant.
Must Read books for IAS Exam General Studies Paper:
- India Year Book. (Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook 2014. (Current Affairs)
- NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII.- Click to download NCERT Books (Free)