Clearing UPSC Civil Services Exam is the dream of millions. Some candidates achieve success in this exam with relative ease while many others toil day and night wondering how to tackle this exam. Have you ever pondered why?
Of-course, there are many roads to clear IAS.
Certain roads are long and risky while certain roads are short and smooth.
Our approach is ‘Prelims cum Mains Integrated Approach To Clear IAS’ – which is fast and easy. We don’t overburden our students. We make learning a pleasant experience.
Prelims cum Mains Integrated Approach To Clear IAS
- Free Study Materials: We provide free notes on every subject mentioned in the latest UPSC syllabus. Aspirants are free to share or print ClearIAS study materials for self-use.
- Guidance and Strategies: We regularly write articles to guide aspirants as per the latest requirements of IAS exam.
- Prelims Mock Exams: Our tests are noted for its quality. ClearIAS prelims mock test platform helps to learn and compete with thousands of aspirants, pan-India and in real-time.
- Mains Mock exams: Learn the art of mains answer writing for FREE!
- Buy UPSC books online: Updated links to buy the recommended IAS books from Amazon or Flipkart at discounted price.
- IAS Toppers Interview: Straight from the horse’s mouth. Know the strategies of UPSC toppers.
- ClearIAS mobile app: Extend your IAS preparation to tablets and mobiles. You can learn even while you travel.
Prelims cum Mains Study Materials
In this approach, we offer free study materials under two categories.
- Category 1: “Prelims + Mains” – For overlapping topics in Prelims and Mains.
- Category 2: “Mains Only” – For additional topics relevant only for Mains.
UPSC CSE Free Study-Materials – Prelims cum Mains
- Indian History Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from History Section Sitemap.
- Geography Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from Geography Section Sitemap.
- Economics Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from Economics Section Sitemap.
- Indian Polity Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from Polity Section Sitemap.
- Environment Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from Environment Section Sitemap.
- Science and Tech Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from Science and Tech Section Sitemap.
- Current Affairs Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from Current Affairs Section Sitemap.
UPSC CSE Free Study-Materials for Mains
- World History Notes – In Mains GS1 Paper
- Indian Society Notes – In Mains GS1 Paper
- Foreign Relations Notes – In Mains GS2 Paper
- International Affairs Notes – In Mains GS2 Paper
- Internal Security Notes – In Mains GS3 Paper
- Disaster Management Notes – In Mains GS3 Paper
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude Notes – In Mains GS4 Paper
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Paper Wise Notes
Prelims cum Mains Integrated Approach To Clear IAS
Prelims and Mains, though two separate stages of UPSC Civil Services Exam, are not water-tight compartments. Main Exam presents a bigger picture than Prelims as it touches 15+ subjects inside the 4 GS papers – GS1, GS2, GS3 and GS4. It includes many topics prescribed in the Prelims syllabus too. This raises two questions : Should candidates study mains and prelims separately? Will an approach focused on Mains stage, automatically let the candidate sail through the Preliminary Stage too?
The answer to these questions lies in understanding the nature of Prelims and Mains questions. Preliminary stage, since being objective in nature touches the conceptual knowledge on certain traditional subjects like History, Geography, Polity, Economy etc. But mains exam, being a subjective exam, the questions are of analytical nature and often revolves around current issues. But without a fundamental conceptual knowledge on things around the world, a candidate will not be able to frame a good answer. So building the fundamentals is the first step in mains too, which very well is in tune with the Prelims requirement.
Building strong fundamentals without putting pressure on aspirants is what ClearIAS.com believes in. If fundamentals are strong, students rarely go wrong in Prelims and Mains. We have a unique and simple way of explaining concepts and we restrict ourselves from creating long posts about each minute subjects, but keeps exam requirements in focus.
Features of Prelims cum Mains Integrated Approach by ClearIAS.com
- Affordable to all. Study materials are completely free of charge.
- Focus on fundamental concepts for Prelims and background details of current issues for mains.
- Overlapping areas are coupled together and non-overlapping areas are dealt separately.
- Guidance for Prelims, Mains and Interview.
- Online Study materials for Prelims, Mains and Interview.
- Mock tests for Prelims and Mains which integrate learning with testing.
- Combination of online study materials and offline study materials (UPSC Text books and NCERT).
- Detailed list of essential books for each subject as per latest UPSC syllabus.
- Separate focus on Prelims and Mains during the last 3 months preceding the respective stages.
- Active participation from student community.
Study materials and guidance provided in this website is in tune with Prelims and Mains Integrated Approach. We know an approach entirely focused on prelims will not help candidates in long run. Similarly an approach concentrated on mains, without building the necessary basics for current affairs related issues of general studies will not help students. Our approach is developed by incorporating the experience and tips shared by toppers based on their success and mistakes.