UPSC Civil Services 2013 General Studies Question Paper (GS Paper 1) is available for download at ClearIAS.com. The question paper, just like 2011 and 2012 had 100 questions, while GS Paper 2 (CSAT) had 80 questions. Check the pdf link given below for UPSC Civil Services 2013 General Studies Question Paper.
Download UPSC Civil Services 2013 General Studies Question Paper With Solutions
Sample Questions from UPSC Civil Services 2013 General Studies Question Paper:
1. Improper handling and storage of cereal grains and oilseeds result in the production which are not generally destroyed by normal cooking process. Aflatoxins are produced by
2. The people of India agitated against the arrival of Simon Commission because
a) Indians never wanted the review of the working of the Act of 1919
b) Simon Commission recommended the abolition of Dyarchy (Diarchy) in the provinces
c) There was no Indian member in the Simon Commission
d) The Simon Commission suggested the partition of the country
3. What will follow if a Money Bill is substantially amended by the Rajya Sabha?
a) The Lok Sabha may still proceed with the Bill, accepting or not accepting the recommendations of the Rajya Sabha
b) The Lok Sabha cannot consider the Bill further
c) The Lok Sabha may send the Bill to the Rajya Sabha for reconsideration
d) The President may call a joint sitting for passing the Bill
4. Recombinant DNA technology (Genetic Engineering) allows genes to be transferred.
1.) Across different species of plants
2.) From animals to plants
3.) From microorganisms to higher organisms
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
5. Which one of the following is likely to be the most inflationary in its effect?
a) Repayment of public debt
b) Borrowing from the public to finance a budget deficit
c) Borrowing from banks to finance a budget deficit
d) Creating new money to finance a budget deficit