UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam is not too far away. It’s time to look into a few model question papers prepared as per the latest UPSC trend to test yourself the level of preparation. In this series ClearIAS.com provides numerous GS questions to give you a feeling of actual UPSC exam. You may browse our site for UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam General Studies Mock Test Question Papers or may download the same. To attempt full length timed online mock test series with negative marking for UPSC Prelims, check the url www.cleariasexam.com. All the best!
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Mock Test Questions (General Studies) – PART 1
1. Which among the following is true about Marginal Standing Facility?
1. It corresponds to the provisions by Government for those families who are just above BPL line.
2. It is a banking rate.
3. It is a term related with Automobile Industry.
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Only 3.
D) Neither 1, 2 or 3.
2. Which among the following is/are not a member of G20 major economies?
1. Saudi Arabia
5. New Zealand
A) 1, 2 and 5
B) 2 and 3
C) 3 and 5
D) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
3. Which of the following is/are true about Rio+20 Conference?
1. Rio+20 is another term for United National Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD)
2. Precursors of this conference were the United Nations Environment and Development Conference 1992 and World Summit on Sustainable Development 2002.
3. Poverty eradication in developing countries was a main focus area.
A) 1 only
B) 1 and 2 only
C) 3 Only
D) All the above
4. Which among the following is/are true regarding the Indian National Movement?
1. Minto – Morley reforms had established early form of bicameral legislature during British India at the centre.
2. Quit India Movement can be called a leader less movement as almost all of the leaders were imprisoned as soon as the movement was announced.
3. Poona Pact was an agreement signed between Extremists and Moderates of Indian National Congress.
A) 1 only
B) 2 only
C) 3 only
D) 1 and 3
E) All the above
5. Which among the following is not correct regarding the mountains in India?
1. The Trans Himalayas consist of mountains like Karakoram, Ladak, Zaskar, Kailash etc.
2. Pir Panchal range is in Himachal.
3. The Poorvanchal consists of Ghazo, Khasi and Jayanthiya Hills.
4. Shiwalik is absent in the Dehradun and Sikkim region of Himalayas.
5. The Highest peak of Himalayas in India is Mount K2.
A) 1 and 2
B) 3 and 4
C) 3 and 5
D) 5 only
Download Solved UPSC General Studies Questions With Explanations
Solutions to the above UPSC mock test questions are included in the pdf along with explanations. Click to download UPSC Civil Services Exam General Studies Mock Test Questions – PART 1.