This is question set #3 of ‘ClearIAS UPSC CSE 2016 Mains 30-day Answer Writing Program (AWP)’. AWP is a UPSC mains oriented program from ClearIAS.com that consists of 5 questions in each post, published (around 8 pm) every day. Each of the 5 questions are selected from 5 papers mentioned in UPSC Mains syllabus namely Essay, GS1, GS2, GS3 and GS4 (ethics). Browse archives here.
Questions for Answer Writing – Selections for today:
- Essay Paper: History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. (1000-1200 words – 125 marks)
- GS 1 Paper: Bhagat Singh has left an indelible mark on India’s history through his bravery. His idea of the freedom struggle was beyond the mere objective of freeing India. Comment. (200 words – 12.5 marks)
- GS 2 Paper: The grievance redressal mechanism in a democratic set up is important for the sustenance of the system itself. Comment. (200 words – 12.5 marks)
- GS 3 Paper: ‘GST will change the way India does business’. Analyse this statement. Which sectors do you think will be positively affected by the implementation of GST? (200 words – 12.5 marks)
- GS 4 Paper: ‘Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people who we personally dislike’. Critically analyse the statement. (150 words – 10 marks)
We have revised our marking scheme for our model tests, taking into account the latest trends in UPSC evaluation. Always keep in mind that content of the answer is more important than its length. Credit will be given to the grasp of the question, to the point answer, brevity, knowledge, clarity of expression etc.
Considering that toppers score 380-420 marks in GS papers out of 1000, we consider 40% marks for any answer as ‘above average’. The GS marks of AIR1 for last 3 years is: Gaurav Agrawal (2013) -338/1000; Ira Singhal (2014) – 455/1000; Tina Dabi (2015) – 424/1000. Please have a look at our marking scheme for the 30-day AWP for 2016 Mains.
- 0-19% – Not satisfactory.
- 20%-29% – Needs improvement.
- 30%-39% – Good answer.
- 40%-49% – Above Average Answer.
- 50%-59% – Excellent Answer.
- 60% and above – Exceptional Answer.
Note: Aspirants can select any question they wish to answer in the comment space provided below specifying the question. Though we encourage to type answers for better readability, those who wish to write in paper using pen can also do the same. If you prefer the ‘pen and paper way’, then you need to scan your answers and upload in Google drive and share the link via comments. All the best!