Welcome to ClearIAS UPSC Mains Test Series, which is completely free for the aspirants who participate online. UPSC Civil Services Mains examination is an entirely different platform when compared to Prelims. In the Main exam (written test), the most crucial aspect is to polish your writing skills to suit the requirements of UPSC evaluation.
UPSC Mains Test Series: Online Free Mock Tests
The two major sections are:
- Answer Writing Practice (AWP) (5 questions per day)
- Mains mocks (full-length tests for GS1, GS2, GS3 and GS4)
Note: Aspirants can click this link to browse our archives. You can write answers in the comment section. It may get reviewed by experts and peers. New mock tests for CSE Mains 2017 will be launched only later.
Browse our 30-day Answer Writing Program for UPSC CSE Mains
- 30-day answer writing program by ClearIAS for mains 2016 is completely free for all participants.
- There is no need for registration.
- You can access archives of Clear IAS Mains High-Value Answer Writing Test Series from the hyperlink. Aspirants are advised to check the model answers and feedback given for previous entries to write better answers.
- There will be 5 questions every day – one each from Essay Paper, GS1, GS2, GS3 and GS4.
- Questions for each day will be published at 8 pm.
- Our program will include both traditional topics and current affairs.
- Participants need to type their answers in the comment section corresponding to each day/question. Alternatively, aspirants can also upload their hand-written answers in a Google Drive and share the link in the respective comment section.
- ClearIAS Team, officers in service, successful candidates in previous mains, and fellow aspirants who take part in the Answer Writing Practice may comment/suggest corrections to your answers.
- Review the answers written by your fellow participants and encourage others to review yours.
- We may award marks to answers to benchmark the performance. Marks will be based evaluating the quality of the content and not the length of the answer.
- To encourage serious aspirants, 3 aspirants who write quality answers on a regular basis will be awarded Amazon gift vouchers at the end of the program which can be used to buy text books.
- At the end of the 30-day program, one full-length mock test will be conducted – each for Essay and all the GS papers. All the best! Clear IAS!
Success of UPSC Mains Test Series by ClearIAS
ClearIAS.com had run successfully the 50-day answer writing practice before UPSC CSE Mains 2014. There were lot many direct and indirect questions in the actual UPSC exam from ClearIAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series. Details of questions are given below.
- UPSC Mains 2014 Essay Paper: ClearIAS.com selects it right!
- UPSC Mains 2014 GS1 Paper: 90/250 marks from ClearIAS.com
- UPSC Mains 2014 GS2 Paper: 150/250 marks from ClearIAS.com
- UPSC Mains 2014 GS3 Paper: 125/250 marks from ClearIAS.com
- UPSC Mains 2014 GS4 Paper: 70/250 marks from ClearIAS.com
What matters is not your knowledge, but how well you perform in the Exam hall!
Irrespective your degrees, knowledge and skills what speaks about you in a UPSC mains exam is your answer sheet. The examiner does not know you; he has access to only your answer booklet and nothing else, and he evaluates each candidate based on what is presented in the answer sheet. So it is extremely important to frame your answers in the most impressive way, within the prescribed time limit. Knowledge about framing high quality answers in mains exam is necessary to make your answer sheets stand out.
Proper answer writing practice, good understanding of the latest UPSC syllabus and familiarity of current topics are important prerequisites of clearing IAS mains in flying colors. It is with this aim of equipping aspirants with the latest requirements of UPSC mains exam we launched our UPSC Mains Test Series. At the moment, this test series are free online mocks which focus on answer writing practice. All the best!