ClearIAS™ is an education-technology startup -- in the field of online learning and test-preparation.
As the tagline says, ClearIAS is designed to help IAS aspirants clear the UPSC Civil Services Exam (CSE) by self-study. We are proud and happy to see thousands of our users emerge as IAS, IPS, and IFS officers by online preparation.
However, as a learning platform, ClearIAS is used not just by UPSC aspirants but by millions across the world who look for high-quality online education. Our mission is to create leaders of tomorrow -- having multi-dimensional knowledge, skills, and insights.
ClearIAS: Unique Learning Experience
Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity. -- Charles Mingus
With the help of technology, ClearIAS has developed unique ways of making learning an enjoyable experience. That’s the reason why we are equally loved by school students just like IAS exam toppers.
Our popular products include:
- ClearIAS Learning Platform (website)
- ClearIAS Test-Prep Platform (website)
- ClearIAS Learning App
- ClearIAS Test-Prep App
Rated among the top quality online learning platforms for IAS preparation by serious aspirants, we provide free online study materials, guidance, toppers interview, online mock exams and a lot more.
ClearIAS -- Comprehensive Self-Study Package for IAS Exam
ClearIAS is the comprehensive self-study package for UPSC CSE. This venture helps all aspirants who look for guidance outside the classroom coaching. ClearIAS was started with a vision of quality, but affordable online education, giving stress to self-study.
- Free Study Materials: We provide free notes on every subject mentioned in the latest UPSC syllabus. Aspirants are free to share or print ClearIAS study materials for self-use.
- Guidance and Strategies: We regularly write articles to guide aspirants as per the latest requirements of IAS exam.
- Prelims Mock Exams: Our tests are noted for its quality. ClearIAS prelims mock test platform helps to learn and compete with thousands of aspirants, pan-India and in real-time.
- Mains Mock exams: Learn the art of mains answer writing for FREE!
- Buy UPSC books online: Updated links to buy the recommended IAS books from Amazon or Flipkart at a discounted price.
- IAS Toppers Interview: Straight from the horse’s mouth. Know the strategies of UPSC toppers.
- ClearIAS mobile app: Extend your IAS preparation to tablets and mobiles. You can learn even while you travel.
The growing popularity -- a sign of quality!
- ClearIAS website receives more than 20-30 lakh page views per month.
- ClearIAS app with more than 5,00,000 downloads is the most popular mobile app in the field of IAS exam preparation.
- ClearIAS Facebook page is one of the most popular social media pages of an online education initiative with more than 4,00,000 followers.
- Our prelims mock test platform has been used by more than 2,00,000 aspirants.
What motivates us is not the news and statistics, but the enthusiasm and affection of aspirants across the globe who acknowledge our service in the field of quality online education.
Why this mission “ClearIAS”?
A career in Civil Services (Central/State) is an ambition of thousands, but unfortunately, many deserving candidates don’t achieve their dream. The primary reason being the lack of proper guidance or even worse, misguidance from many low-quality coaching centres which charge hefty fees too. Classroom IAS coaching is often very expensive and is available only in metros like Delhi.
It was at this juncture ClearIAS conceptualized, with a vision to bridge the gap of facilities and guidance between urban and rural.
ClearIAS.com truly wish the door to the dream of IAS/IPS/IFS should not be closed to any genuine candidate due to misguidance or lack of proper awareness about the top competitive exam in the country.
The vision of ClearIAS
ClearIAS -- the comprehensive self-study package for UPSC CSE -- is a venture to help all aspirants who look for guidance outside the classroom coaching or who can’t afford it due to time/financial constraints.
Our vision is to guide maximum candidates on the right path, particularly from the rural side, who otherwise would have very little chance to walk through the power corridors.
We believe that services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc need the best brains in the country and we strive to ensure that no deserving candidate be left out of UPSC exam competition due to inaccessibility of expensive IAS classroom coaching.
ClearIAS -- The Road Traversed So Far
From a one-man blog to a major online learning platform with lakhs of followers, the growth was rather quick, thanks to the support and encouragement from thousands of aspirants.
ClearIAS -The Journey: Started in mid-2012, ClearIAS.com until the moment is completely free. Study materials and notes for IAS exam preparation are provided on the website free of cost to supplement the traditional textbooks. Facilities for the direct online purchase of essential IAS books for each subject are also provided. The Publisher (ClearIAS) meets expenses (hosting charges and others) through the advertisements and books sales through the website.
ClearIAS releases Test-Prep App: On June 8, 2014, ClearIAS released its android mobile app. Named ClearIAS Test-Prep App, the android app helps aspirants extend their IAS Preparation from laptop to mobile too!
ClearIAS releases Online Test Preparation platform: Registrations are opened on June 26, 2015, on the ClearIAS online mock test platform for UPSC Civil Services Exam. This platform integrates learning with test-taking, making the whole IAS preparation interesting and fast. Isn’t it thrilling to learn and compete with thousands of aspirants across India real-time?
ClearIAS releases Learning App: On April 10, 2020, we released our latest product -- ClearIAS Learning App. The new Learning App developed by ClearIAS, with a special focus on online learning during COVID-19 lockdown, crossed 10,000+ downloads within a span fewer than 2 weeks!
ClearIAS and Media
- ‘When tough luck produced a successful website‘ -- The Hindu
- From failure, a successful startup -- The Hindu
- An epic fail becomes a successful website -- The New Indian Express
- Kuttanad youth’s ClearIAS mobile app is a hit -- Times of India
- ‘Fulfilling civil services aspirations‘ -- Instamojo blog.
- ‘The New App from Clear IAS Is Changing the Classroom‘ -- AppMakr blog.
- Want to Crack the UPSC Exams? Here Are 10 Websites and Apps You Might Find Incredibly Useful! -- BetterIndia.
- 5 Great Websites for UPSC Preparation -- NagpurToday.
- App of the Week’ -- AppMakr,
- Online test preparation start-ups being built from India -- YourStory.
- ClearIAS app was ranked among the top 5 new apps under the education category in the Google Play store.
UPSC Toppers Testimonials
Working 24*7 in the police for the last 5 years and been out of touch with the preparation, I took the guidance from your website, especially the ClearIAS prelims test series. I bought it and found it to be the best available online. – Poonam, All India Rank 308, UPSC CSE Topper
I had enrolled in the ClearIAS prelims mock test series in 2015 and have been successful in clearing the civil services exam with a rank of 379. First of all a big thanks to you all at ClearIAS. ClearIAS is a great platform. – Dilmil Singh Soach, All India Rank 379, UPSC CSE 2015 Topper
Thank you so much ClearIAS for all your support and guidance throughout the journey. Now, while waiting for the final results, let me express my wholehearted gratitude to you as ClearIAS was the first UPSC preparation app I downloaded on my phone and I needed no other online help after that. Thank you so much ClearIAS. -- With due regards, Avneet Punia Roll No. 0007598 [Avneet secured All-India Rank 356, 2016]
You can read more testimonials here. Also read about our UPSC CSE Results: 50+ ClearIAS Students clear IAS exam by online preparation.
It is with great pain and effort the contents of this website are created and so we don’t encourage plagiarism with business or other motives. Copyright of all information in this website, except unless specifically mentioned is legally held by ClearIAS.com. No other persons or firms have any right to copy or reproduce any content from this website, without written permission from the website owners.
Note: Printing or sharing the content for personal use/learning/research is allowed, but not for commercial use. Hope you understand the spirit behind this initiative. Thanks!
Write to us; we love to hear from you!
Feel free to write to us for any queries or information. We are always open to hearing from you. Please e-mail us -- contactus[at]clearias[dot]com.