McGraw Hill Education India has published a new book on Ancient and Medieval Indian History. The book is authored by Poonam Dalal Dahiya IRS and it titled ‘Ancient and Medieval India‘. In 16 chapters and 616 pages, Poonam Dalal covers the complete syllabus of ancient and medieval history for UPSC and various state PSC exams.
What’s special about ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ by Poonam Dalal Dahiya?
The market is already flooded with many books on Indian History. Then what makes ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ by Poonam Dalal Dahiya special?
First – It makes the learning of history simple and interesting. Poonam says she has tried to make the learning of history a joyful process.
Second – As per the author, this book provides a one-stop solution to all your history needs. So you can save time, energy, and money.
How to buy ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ by Poonam Dalal Dahiya?
- Aspirants can buy online ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ by Poonam Dalal Dahiya.
- Click the amazon link to buy online ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ by Poonam Dalal Daiya at discounted prices.
Learning of history – a joyful process
Author Poonam Dalal Dahiya has tried to keep ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ as simple as possible. But at the same time, the book is a comprehensive resource.
The text is in bi-colour. There are detachable charts at the end of the book which students can tear out and use as a mnemonic by placing them in front of them or pasting them on a wall.
The book though has 616 pages, is very user-friendly and is an easy-read. As the book is written by an author who is an expert with UPSC Civil Services Exam preparation, the book turns out as a handy guide to scoring high in the History section. The contents of the book are developed after thorough analysis of the current syllabus and questions asked in previous years. Moreover, the book also consists of numerous practice questions, chapter wise.
The Salient Features: ‘Ancient and Medieval India’ by Poonam Dalal Dahiya
- This book comes with two detachable charts at the end – one for ancient India and the other for medieval India. These charts cover details of all important dynasties in point/flowchart form and help a lot in the pre-exam revision.
- A lot of pictures and flowcharts are included which helps in better clarity.
- Key points are provided in boxes.
- Practice questions for both UPSC CSE Prelims and Main are given at the end of each chapter.
- Written in an extremely lucid language which is easy to grasp.
- The book almost completely covers all aspects of the UPSC syllabus concerning Ancient and Medieval History of India.
About the Author – Poonam Dalal Dahiya
There is no need to introduce Poonam Dalal Dahiya to the readers of clearias.com. ClearIAS had already covered a detailed story about her thrilling success in spite of her challenges. She is currently working in the Indian Revenue Service. Formerly she was working as the Assistant Commissioner of Police for five years.
Poonam Dalal Dahiya obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from the University of Delhi. A certified teacher, she possesses the rich and varied administrative experience garnered from different professional fields and has cleared many reputed competitive examinations ranging from SBI P.O, SSC Graduate Level, State Civil Services, and UPSC.
Review of 'Ancient and Medieval India' by Poonam Dalal Dahiya - by ClearIAS Team
Book Title: Ancient And Medieval India
Book Description: The book 'Ancient and Medieval India' by Poonam Dalal Dahiya is very useful for candidates who prepare for Union Civil Services as well as various state public service examinations. The book covers the complete syllabus of ancient and medieval history for both UPSC CSE Prelims and Mains.
Book Author: Poonam Dalal Dahiya
Book Edition: First
Book Format: Paperback
Number Of Pages: 616
- Ease of Reading
- Exam Relavance
- Flowcharts, Pictures, and Maps
- Coverage of UPSC Syllabus
- Language and Presentation
The book almost completely covers all aspects of the UPSC syllabus concerning Ancient and Medieval History of India. Excellent resource. Worth buying.