Now, there is one more entry into the league of reference “Yearbooks” – India 2017 YEARBOOK written by Rajiv Mehrishi IAS and published by McGraw Hill Education India. Mr. Arun Jaitley, honourable Finance Minister of India, in the foreword of the book, hopes that ‘India 2017 YEARBOOK’ written by Mr. Rajiv Mehrishi IAS, will be fresh, will be different, and will greatly add value.
India 2017 YEARBOOK by McGraw Hill Education India: What’s special?
Almost all who wrote the ‘IAS exam’ earlier had the India YearBook published by the Government of India. But India 2017 YEARBOOK by McGraw Hill Education India is a great value addition. It is the most updated yearbook in the market – it contains current affairs up to March 2017. Now, let us see how this book is different.
- First and foremost, the book is written and compiled by an IAS officer – Rajiv Mehrishi. He had secured all-India rank 7 when he took the Civil Services Exam in 1977. He is now serving as the Home Secretary of India.
- Second, the book has numerous articles written by experts in many fields. For example, the Indian Economy section has an article on GST by Arvind Subramanian, Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India. Disaster Management section has a detailed write-up by Dr. Kamal Kishore, a member of National Disaster Management Authority.
- Third – this book is highly reader-friendly when compared to most reference books. This YEARBOOK is very much like a normal textbook (616 pages only) – unlike India 2017 by Publication Division (1056 pages) or Malayala Manorama YearBook. It’s a handy ready-reckoner every aspirant should not miss.
- Fourth – the book is written with a special focus on the requirements of UPSC aspirants. This book is also useful for State and other competitive examinations like SSC, banking etc. As per the author, Rajiv Mehrishi, India 2017 YEARBOOK is an attempt to make ‘knowledge’ interesting. Reference books like yearbooks will become more reader-friendly if the otherwise dreary, facts and figures are presented in an interesting manner.
Mr. Rajiv Mehrishi, a 1978 batch IAS officer of the Rajasthan Cadre has previously been Principal Secretary, Finance, Government of Rajasthan; Chief Secretary, Rajasthan, and Finance Secretary, Government of India.
He is currently the Union Home Secretary. He is the only IAS officer ever to have held all three posts: Chief Secretary of a state; and, Finance and Home secretary, Government of India.
Panel of Contributors for the India 2017 YEARBOOK
- Arvind Panagariya – Vice Chairman of the NitiAayog of India.
- Arvind Subramanian – Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India.
- Amitabh Kant – Chief Executive Officer of NitiAayog.
- Ruchir Sharma – Chief Global Strategist and Head of the Emerging Markets Equity team at Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Dr. Ila Patnaik – Former principal Economic Advisor, Government of India.
- Manish Sabharwal – Chairman and co-founder of TeamLease Services.
- VasundharaRaje – Chief Minister of Rajasthan
- Ajay Shah – Professor at the National Institute for Public Finance and Policy
- Dr. Rajiv Kumar – Chancellor of the Gokhale Institute of Economics and Politics in Pune
India 2017 YEARBOOK – 4 Parts of the book
The book – which is printed in blue and white colour – is divided into four parts – India, G.K, Current Affairs and the World.
- India (Geography, History, Polity, Demography, Economy, Development Schemes, Environment, Disaster Management, Media and Communication, Foreign Policy, News-makers, Jammu and Kashmir – post-independence history)
- General Knowledge (General information of India and world, culture, monuments, cultural institutions, international organizations, international treaties, ongoing wars, geographical facts, sports etc)
- Current Affairs (June 2016 – March 2017)
- The World (Earth and Space, World History, Science and Medicine, Newsmakers of the world, some issues in international relations)
How can you buy ‘India 2017 YEARBOOK’ by McGraw Hill Education?
Review of 'India 2017 YEARBOOK' by McGraw Hill Education
Book Title: India 2017 YEARBOOK
Book Description: India 2017 YEARBOOK by McGraw Hill Education India is a comprehensive reference book covering almost all topics an aspirant should know for various exams. The book is written by Rajiv Mehrishi.
Book Author: Rajiv Mehrishi
Book Edition: First
Book Format: Paperback
Number Of Pages: 616
India 2017 YEARBOOK by McGraw Hill Education India is a comprehensive reference book covering almost all topics an aspirant should know for various exams. The book is written by Rajiv Mehrishi IAS and has a lot of quality articles from eminent personalities. Being a handy guide, this book helps a lot in your preparation. Our team rate this book as 'worth buying'.