UPSC has announced the results of Civil Services Mains 2018 written exam results. About 2000 candidates have passed UPSC CSE Mains 2018 and qualified for the Personality Test. 10,000 candidates had written Main exam 2018.
Download the PDF of UPSC results here. To know the names of the candidates selected, scroll down.
ClearIAS congrats all those who qualified for the UPSC Interview. Personality Test of the successful candidates is likely to commence from 4th Feb 2019. Those who missed this time – don’t worry. Re-energize yourself at the earliest, and start preparing for UPSC Prelims 2019.
About 8,00,000 applicants for UPSC Prelims 2018; about 2000 selected for the UPSC interview!
Around 8 lakh candidates applied for CSE 2018 Prelims. About 4 lakh candidates appeared on Prelims Exam day out of which UPSC selected only around 10,000 for Mains exam. Now, for the UPSC interview, the number of candidates called is around 2000.
Here are the highlights of the official announcement from UPSC on Civil Services Mains 2018 Written Exam Results:
UPSC Civil Services Mains 2018 Written Exam Results
- On the basis of the results of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018 held by the Union Public Service Commission during 28th September to 7th October, 2018, the candidates with the under mentioned Roll Numbers have qualified for Personality Test for selection to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and other Central Services (Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’).
- Candidature of these candidates is provisional subject to their being found eligible in all respects.
Certificates to be produced for UPSC interview
The candidates will be required to produce the original certificates in support of their claims pertaining to age, educational qualifications, community, physical handicap and other documents such as Questionnaire, Attestation Form, and TA Form, etc. at the time of their Personality Test. The formats of SC/ST/OBC and PH certificates and Questionnaire, Attestation Form and TA Form, etc. can be downloaded from the website of the Commission. They are, therefore, advised to keep the said documents ready with them.
If you seek reservation, you need to produce original certificates
Candidates seeking reservation/relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD/Ex-servicemen must also produce original certificates dated earlier than the closing date of the application of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 i.e. 06.03.2018.
When will the UPSC Interview begin?
- Personality Test of these candidates is likely to commence from 4th Feb 2019. Personality Tests will be held in the Office of the Union Public Service Commission at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.
When can you download the e-Summon letter?
- The e-Summon Letter of Personality Test of candidates being called for Interview may be downloaded from the Commission’s Website https://www.upsc.gov.in & https://www.upsconline.in from 8th Jan 2019.
- The Qualified candidates who are unable to download their e-Summon Letters from the Commission’s Website at least 5 days before the commencement of the said Personality Test/Interview should immediately contact the Office of the Commission through on Phone Nos. 011- 23385271, 011-23381125, 011-23098543 or Fax No. 011-23387310, 011-23384472 or by email on ([email protected]).
- No paper Summon Letters will be issued for the Personality Test/Interview by the Commission, but there will be only e-summon letters.
Is there any change in your address? Notify UPSC within 7 days!
- No request for a change in the date and time of the Personality Test intimated to the candidates will be entertained.
- The candidates are advised to notify changes in their address, if any, to the Commission immediately through a letter, email, or Fax at Telephone numbers indicated above.
UPSC Mains 2018 Mark Sheets
The marks sheets of candidates who have not qualified will be put on the Commission’s Website within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result (after conducting Personality Test) and will remain available on the Website for a period of 60 days.
Whether your marks should be publically available? Opt-in OR Opt-Out!
All the candidates, who qualified for Personality Test/Interview are required to opt-in/opt-out for publically making available their scores under the Public Disclosure Scheme.
Candidates are advised to go through DoP&T letter No. 39020/1/2016-Estt(B) dated 21.06.2016, 19.07.2017 and Commission’s Note on PUBLIC DISCLOSURE, THROUGH PORTAL, OF SCORES OF CANDIDATES NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE COMMISSION AGAINST THE RESULT OF AN EXAMINATION.
Candidates should note that only after submitting their option for opt in/opt out, they will be able to download their e-Summon letter.
Note: Name of the candidates along with his/her Roll No. who have qualified in the written part of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018 may be seen in the official website https://www.upsc.gov.in
Download the e-Summon Letter
The e-Summon Letter of Personality Test of candidates being called for Interview may be downloaded from the Commission’s Website https://www.upsc.gov.in from 8th Jan 2019.
Fill the attestation form
All the qualified candidates are required to fill up the Attestation Form online and submit the same ONLINE which would be made available on the website of the Department of Personnel & Training from the 4th Feb 2019 till the conclusion of Personality Test (Interview) on the link https://persmin.gov.in/AIS1/WelcomeCSE.asp.
Therefore all candidates qualified for the Personality Test (Interview) are advised to fill it up online within the prescribed time limit. For any query/clarification regarding Attestation Form, the candidates should contact the Department of Personnel &T raining on E-mail ID: [email protected], [email protected], Or telephone nos. 011-23093683, 23092158, 23040335.
UPSC Civil Services Mains 2018 Written Exam Results Analysis
- The intake this time is less (2000 instead of the last year 2500), due to the less number of vacancies (780) reported.
- It took around 74 days this time for evaluation and tabulation. Last year it was about 70 days.
Successful Readers of ClearIAS: UPSC CSE 2018-19 Interview
ClearIAS.com congratulates all candidates who made it to the final round. We are happy for all our readers who took advantage of ClearIAS Programs for Prelims and Mains. Check ClearIAS programs for UPSC Interview. ClearIAS wish you all the very best for the personality test.
Those who are yet to make it…
We can understand your emotions and pain completely. Almost all candidates who wrote Mains are equally brilliant, however, not everyone cannot get through.
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
Those who didn’t make it to the personality test, never confuse a single defeat with the final defeat. We know it’s tough to stay inspired for long, particularly after setbacks. But one failure is not the end of life.
You just need a few more marks!
UPSC vacancies are limited (only 780 this year), and the competition is really high. A few marks here and there should have made all the difference.
You need to master new skills and techniques!
It is at this stage, you should realize that just like knowledge, techniques, skills, and strategies are equally important in Prelims and Mains.
Just have a re-look at UPSC Prelims 2018 and Mains 2018 question papers. You would realize one major thing. The priority of UPSC is different. Also, the UPSC requirements are changing.
Understand the changing UPSC requirements
For example, UPSC has not asked too many questions from the last 1-year current affairs. Rather they went beyond, asked questions which span the last 2-5 years. Those who used the short-cut method to study only the last 365 days current affairs (from the so-called current affairs PDFs or magazines) might have missed this changing trend.
ClearIAS had alerted our readers, much before Prelims 2018,, about this changing trend. It happened in Prelims 2018. It got repeated in Mains 2018 as well.
So, what we are trying to say, is to know the changing requirements of UPSC and prepare accordingly. Follow ClearIAS guidance and strategies to know our approach.
Get back to your studies!
You may need only a few marks extra to clear Prelims and Mains. Get back to your studies at the earliest.
Adopt ClearIAS Test-based approach
What you should do now is to join ClearIAS test-based approach for Prelims 2019. Integrate learning with test-taking. Start taking mock exams.
It’s the time to concentrate more on Prelims
As you have only about 5 months before next Prelims, concentrate more on Prelims. Clear UPSC Prelims 2019 with flying colours and write Mains 2019 with full confidence. You will clear IAS!