UPSC has released E-Admit Card for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2014. The admit card is available for download from the UPSC website (upsconline.nic.in), but this comes amid the news that Government asked UPSC to postpone the exam. There is no change in the exam date (24-08-2014) as per the admit card. Though the details of committee report and confirmation from the Government side are yet to be out in the public domain, all candidates are advised to prepare as per the UPSC schedule and work hard in the last 30 days.
How to download the UPSC Civil Services Exam Admit Card
Candidates can download the e-admit card from https://upsconline.nic.in/eadmitcard/ by entering Registration ID, Roll Number or Name. It is mandatory for the candidate to take print out of ‘important instructions to the candidate’ before downloading the e-admit card and bring the same along with the e-admit card to be permitted to enter the examination hall. In case of any problem in downloading e-admit card for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination or discrepancy noticed in the e-admit card , you may please contact UPSC at : [email protected].
Important Instructions regarding E-Admit Card
1. Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
2. Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
3. Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
4. You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
5. Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
6. “Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection”.
7. You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
8. If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
9. Read the “Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination” given in “Rules for the Examination” Published in the Employment News and “Poster containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall”.
10. Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
11. Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
12. There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
13. Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
14. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
15. Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card/signatures on the Scannable Attendance Lists will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card etc. and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.