What are the most recommended books for Essay preparation for UPSC Mains Exam? How to write a good essay? Read further to know.
UPSC Civil Service Mains Paper 1 (popularly known as essay paper) is now of 250 marks.
Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics (two topics as of now). They will be expected to keep close to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in an orderly fashion and to write concisely.
Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.
Recommended Books for Essay Paper – Civil Services Books – Mains Exam
- Essays for Civil Services and Other Competitive Examinations by Pulkit Khare.
- Selected Contemporary Essays by Saumitra Mohan (MHE)
- Essay Paper for Civil Services Main Examination by Pavneet Singh and Sonali Bansal
- A Book of Essays by Kalpana Rajaram
- 151 ESSAYS For UPSC Mains Various State Public Service Commissions and Other competitive Examinations
- English-Hindi-Essay Compulsory- UPSC Mains Examination
- ESSAYS(101 Current) for Competitive Exams
How to write a good essay
Here are some tips for writing a good essay:
- Read and understand the essay topic: Ensure that you understand the topic and what is expected of you in the essay.
- Plan and structure: Plan the flow of your essay and create an outline to ensure that your essay has a clear structure.
- Write in a clear and concise manner: Make sure your writing is easy to understand and avoids unnecessary technical terms or jargon.
- Use examples and evidence: Use real-life examples and supporting evidence to reinforce your arguments.
- Address counter-arguments: Consider and address any counter-arguments to strengthen your essay.
- Conclusion: Sum up your key arguments and present a clear conclusion.
- Edit and proofread: Revise your essay several times to ensure that it is error-free and presents your ideas effectively.
Remember to write in a way that is analytical, evaluative and comprehensive. Also, ensure that you stick to the word limit and allocate enough time for each essay.
To get a detailed idea on how to write a good essay, click here
anamika soni says
Suresh kumar says
I am preparing for 2018. Kindly share essay content .
Clear hua kya aapka ?.?
Should I buy all the books or any one is OK. Please reply……
Start with 1 book.
Snigdhya Paul says
plz send essay content
Sir , what are the books to read so that i can have a good content for mains examination?
I have certain books which are universal for UPSC CS .. For mains i am confused same are enough or not ..if not from where will i get the content ..
Hello I want to buy kirans upsc English essay solved till date how can I buy
Mahavir Maurya says
Sir mughe IAS mains ke liye pahle kon si book Leni chahiye