ClearIAS.com™ provides free IAS online coaching, guidance, strategies, books and online study-materials with a vision that no candidate should be left out of UPSC exam competition due to in-accessibility of expensive IAS classroom coaching. We have always acted as a motivating factor for candidates from rural background, encouraging and guiding them to write and learn according to the requirements of UPSC. Now, at a time when Clear IAS™ is rapidly growing into a community, we are planning opportunities for UPSC aspirants to associate with us and polish their exam skills.
About ClearIAS.com: Right Strategies to Clear IAS
Often candidates fail to reach their goals not due to lack of their skills, but due to lack of right materials and guidance. Aspirants can produce wonders, if they are directed in the right path. ClearIAS.com is a humble initiative in this direction. We stand with all candidates who do not have access to classroom coaching facilities. Our motto is free study-materials and right strategies to Clear IAS for free.
Write Articles and Win Prizes!
Toppers have always stressed the importance of Answer writing and Note Preparation in UPSC exams. ClearIAS has now decided to open our website platform for all interested aspirants to write notes on various topics. Writing articles will not only increase the depth of your knowledge, but will also polish your exam writing skills. Knowledge sharing will make your foundations strong and will help others too. Collective effort can reduce individual time, money and other resources. Articles will be published in ClearIAS.com in your name itself! Not yet finished…! There will be prizes and guest blogging opportunities as well!
ClearIAS.com is regularly appreciated by IAS aspirants for its simple and ‘to the point’ online study materials. We can never compromise on quality even if we go open. There will be moderators to evaluate the quality of the entries published. We may not publish all articles which reach us. Copied articles and low quality entries will be rejected. Aspirants who send us articles are expected to ensure the quality in their articles in accordance with the UPSC requirements. [ Content writing team at ClearIAS.com will still continue to write our own articles and this competition does not mean the end of our direct efforts 🙂 ]
As of now, we are planning for prizes under two categories in each month.
- Best Entry of the month.
- Top Contributor of the month.
Winners will get either Flipkart Giftvouchers or useful UPSC books delivered at their address. They will be given choice about the book they want to receive from among the available options. Regular contributors with more than 10 published entries may be offered a chance to become a guest blogger in ClearIAS.com.
The whole idea of “Write Articles Win Prizes” challenge is to encourage UPSC aspirants to learn and write more.
What should you do to participate in the Writing Competition by ClearIAS?
- There will be competition for every month from Jan 2014. There is no age-limit or other restrictions. Those interested can send any number of entries in each month. Quality and content of the entries are more important than the length.
- Participants can write on any topic relevant to UPSC Civil Services Prelims, Mains or Interview, but are advised to stick to UPSC syllabus.
- You can pick any topic to start writing about. Topic can be selected from current affairs or traditional areas. Examples include (but not limited to) ISRO GSLV D5, Indian Architecture, Social Problems in India, Quit India Movement, Gadgil Report, Budget, Planning, Fundamental Rights, Indian Monsoon, WTO, IUCN, Emotional Intelligence etc. See a model article in the link Food Processing and Related Industries in India.
- Selected articles will be published inside any of the ClearIAS.com categories given below:
More about the writing competition: Rules
- Don’t copy directly from other blogs, newspapers, wikipedia or any other online or offline sources.
- Refer articles published by ClearIAS.com under category IAS study-materials to understand more about our requirements.
- Article format should either be in word (.doc) format or HTML.
- ClearIAS.com reserves all rights regarding the contents to be published. We may also make changes in this competition in future.
- Participants are not allowed to reproduce the same article in any other websites or print media. [The only place they are allowed to reproduce their articles is the actual UPSC exam paper. 🙂 ]
- Word count on any topic should be between a minimum 500 words and maximum 3000 words.
- We may edit your articles to suit the requirements of UPSC and our website.
- All entries should contain your name, full postal address, email and contact phone.
- Include the sources you refered (not copied) to produce the article.
- Mention the category under which you wish to see your article get published in ClearIAS.com. (Eg: Indian History, Foreign relation etc.)
- We will start publishing articles as and when we get good, quality entries; and prizes for each month will be announced soon after each month end.
- Last date of entry : Each month, last day 11.59PM.
- Rush your entries to contactus[at]clearias.com.! Subject line of the mail should read ” Write Articles; Win Prizes contest”. All the best.
Details of winners (2014)
- Deepesh S Rajan.
- Vineet Dubey.
* In the some months, the articles we received didn’t meet our quality guidelines. So no guest articles were published; no winners! Sorry, we keep high quality standards in our site to benefit our readers. Keep trying.