UPSC published Civil Services Prelims 2017 results. UPSC declared the results of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2017 held on 18.06.2017. About 13000 candidates have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017. About 10 lakh candidates had applied for UPSC CSE(Prelims) 2017.
How to check UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2017 Results?
Two separate lists of qualified candidates are prepared by UPSC for Civil Services(CSE) Mains exam as well as Indian Forestry Service (IFoS) Mains exam. Though the cut-offs are not officially out, cut-off score for Indian Forest Service Mains call is expected to be on the higher side than CSE Mains call.
Aspirants can check the roll numbers of successful candidates in the below pdfs for Civil Services Mains call and IFoS Mains exam call.
- List of successful candidates who got Civil Services Mains Exam 2017 calls.
- List of successful candidates who got IFoS Mains Exam 2017 calls.
Qualified Candidates: What to do next?
First of all, hearty congrats from ClearIAS.com. We are overwhelmed by the thank-you mails from our students-regarding the highly successful ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2017, from which many questions came in the actual UPSE CSE Prelims 2017.
Now, it’s time for the written exam – mains. Work hard, take the best out of our free online study materials and clear IAS mains in flying colors! ClearIAS Team will update shortly our Mains 2017 program (answer writing/ test series) through our website/email. Stay tuned. All the best!
In accordance with the Rules of the Examination, all qualified candidately have to apply again in the Detailed Application Form, DAF (CSM), for Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017, which would be available on the website of the Union Public Service Commission www.upsc.gov.in. All the qualified candidates are advised to fill up the DAF (CSM) online and submit the same ONLINE for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017 to be held from 28th October, 2017. The DAF (CSM) will be available on the website of the Commission from 17th August, 2017 till 31st August, 2017
Not Yet Qualified Candidates: What to do next?
There is nothing to be ashamed if you didn’t make it this time. This exam is considered one of the toughest exams in India, and only 3 candidates out of 100 who take UPSC CSE clears it. This means Prelims stage is a tough barrier to cross considering 97 percentage rejection.
Take the results in right spirit, rectify your mistakes and try hard. Remember, most of the toppers had failed many times, either at Prelims, mains or interviews before making it to the top. So don’t lose your spirit. Keep trying. Work hard for the Preliminary exam 2018 with an extra vigour.
You may enroll for ClearIAS Prelims mock test series, which will surely help you to get an edge in the competition, as it combines learning with test-taking from the very beginning.
Listing out some helpful articles from our side for a new start.
- ClearIAS strategy post for beginners
- Prelims over! What next? Tips from ClearIAS.com
- Civil Service Prelims 6 Month Strategy – How Can You Clear UPSC Prelims in 6 Months?
- IAS Books for Civil Services Prelims and Mains Exam Preparation
- IAS Preparation – The Online Way! Ten Useful Tips
- ClearIAS – Toppers Interviews
Take-aways from UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2017 Results
- A high cut-off is expected. You can check the cut-off analysis for UPSC CSE in the link.
- There were many confusing/ambiguous questions this time.
- UPSC published Prelims 2017 within 40 days after conducting the exam.
- The initially announced vacancies are only 980, and only around 13000 candidates are called for mains 2017.
- Approximately 2800 candidates will be called for UPSC Interview 2017.
Note from ClearIAS.com
Candidates of CSE 2017 exam, those who got calls for CSE Mains or IFoS Mains and those who didn’t get calls, if enter their approximate marks (as per ClearIAS key) and category in the comment section, that would be helpful get a rough idea about cut-off marks for future candidates.