Dear aspirants, please find the UPSC Civil Services Exam (Mains) 2017 Essay Question Paper below. You can download the same as a PDF using the print-pdf button on the bottom.
UPSC CSE Mains 2017 Essay Question Paper
Instructions: Write two essays, choosing one from each of the following Section A and B, in about 1000-1200 words. 2*125 = Total 250 Marks.
Section – A
- Farming has lost the ability to be a source of subsistence for majority of farmers in India.
- Impact of the new economic measures on fiscal ties between the union and states in India.
- Destiny of a nation is shaped in its classrooms.
- Has the Non- Alignment Movement (NAM) lost its relevance in a multipolar world?
Section – B
- Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.
- Fulfillment of ‘new woman’ in India is a myth.
- We may brave human laws but cannot resist natural laws.
- Social media is inherently a selfish medium.
Post your analysis and feedback about the question paper in the comment section below. You may compare the essay questions asked in 2017 mains with those of questions of 2016 mains as well.