Economics is a major part of General Studies Paper (Paper 1 for 200 marks) in Civil Services Exam Prelims. This paper will include questions from Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
An in-depth knowledge of Indian Economy is necessary to score high in economy questions of Paper 1 (General Studies). Links are provided to buy the important Economics Books available in the market in a prelims perspective.
Recommended IAS Books for Economics – Civil Services Preliminary Exam
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- Indian – Economy – Uma Kapila
- Economic Survey
- The Budget
- India Year Book
Additional books for reference: Civil Services Preliminary Exam Economics:
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Indian Economy Sanjiv Verma
- Indian Economy Since Independence – Uma Kapila
- Indian Economy: Performance and Policies – Uma Kapila
Must Read Books for Economics in IAS Exam Prelims:
NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII – Click to download NCERT Books (Free)
Search this website for recommended ias books for individuals subjects in civil services exam for both Preliminary and Mains Examination.