What are the IAS Books to read for General Studies preparation in UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam?
General Studies is the first paper for 200 marks in Civil Service Exam Prelims. This paper will include questions from History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Polity, Environment, Current Affairs etc. Though individual books for each topic under General Studies are available in the market, comprehensive guides and question banks for general studies are always in great demand.
Links are provided to buy the important Complete General Studies Guides and previous year question papers available in the market in a prelims perspective.
Recommended General Studies Guides for Civil Service Prelims
- General Studies Manual For Civil Services Preliminary Examination – TMH. (GS Problem Solving)
- Handbook of General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary – Spectrum.
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims in 60 days – Rakesh Dwivedi. (Revision)
- The Pearson CSAT Manual. (Alternative to TMH)
- General Studies – Unique. (Alternative to TMH)
Recommended General Studies Question Banks for Civil Service Prelims
- IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 20 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2014) – Disha.
- IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies wih CSAT- Arihant.
Must Read books for IAS Exam General Studies Paper:
- India Year Book. (Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook. (Current Affairs)
- NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII.- Click to download NCERT Books (Free)
Search this website for recommended ias books for individuals subjects in civil services exam for both Preliminary and Mains Examination.