The Public Administration is one of the favorite optional subjects of Civil Services Aspirants.
As the paper includes many topics covered in Indian Polity for Prelims/GS Mains, the preparation as an optional subject becomes rather easy. Around 3000-4000 candidates take Pub Ad each year as their optional subject for mains.
Being a traditional hot favorite, plenty of books and study materials are available in the market. To compete in this highly competitive exam, along with the conventional textbooks, it is also important to be updated with the latest news and reports related to Pub Ad. Have look at some useful Pub Ad books.
Recommended Books for Public Administration Optional – Civil Services Books for Mains Exam
- Public Administration – Laxmikanth
- New Horizons Of Public Administration – Mohit Bhattacharya
- Administrative Thinkers – D. Ravindra Prasad
- Contemporary Debates in Public Administration – Dhameja Alka
- Indian Administration – Maheswari
- Introduction to the constitution of India – D.D.Basu
- Important Judgments that Transformed India – Alex Andrews George
- Public Administration: Concepts And Theories – Rumki Basu
- A Dictionary of Public Administration – Maheswari
- Indian Administration – Pankaj Singh
- Public Administration: Theory And Practice
- Governance in India for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination – Laxmikanth
- Administrative Theories And Management Thought – Sapru
PS: Also check the Public Administration books by Cosmos Bookhive. Link: UPSC Exam Books by Cosmos Bookhive – Book Review.
- Indian editions of the imported books may cost you less. But, make sure that the book has not compromised on quality and content.
- IGNOU Materials, IJPA articles, ASPA articles, Public Administration Review articles, etc. are all really good.
Narendra Deheri says
i want to know more about optional paper give me solution
Is there any compelete book, solution for public administration mains?
How to workout on applied based question in pub administration ?
Asif Ahmed says
Please tell me books for public administration optional subject for main exams.
Sir tell me public administration book in hindi
are these books are enough for both the papers of optional subjects of public administration please do reply
Sir I need information about the books of political science for mains
Tulsi R Majhi says
Is it possible to crack ias in one year preparation or it’s a long process to achieve the feat?
could you please provide me the syllabus of uppcs 2017 for public administration and history
Does all the books above are compulsory to crack the exam
Neha Chitte says
I am a beginner. Can you tell which book among those specified above should be chosen?
jagamohan sahoo says
Which book wi’ll the best book for upsc exam
victor kh says
for basic understanding and beginning strategy on pub ad which books will be more suited n provide a firm base concept. For eg. That laxmikanth’s might help or what to take first ?,sir plz recommend here
[email protected] kaur says
Please sir can you guide me for optional subject as public administration in Hindi medium. And which is best book for public administration subject in Hindi medium.
Dheeraj Kals says
I want optional language paper book for Punjabi and many other wants for other languages. So, Please provide this booklist to all of us.