Public Administration is one of the favourite optional subjects of Civil Services Aspirants. As the paper includes many topics covered in Indian Polity for Prelims/GS Mains, the preparation as an optional subject becomes rather easy. Around 3000-4000 candidates take Pub Ad each year as their optional subject for mains.
Being a traditional hot favourite, plenty of books and study materials are available in the market. To compete in this highly competitive exam, along with the conventional textbooks, it is also important to be updated with the latest news and reports related to Pub Ad. Have look at some useful Pub Ad books.
Recommended Books for Public Administration Optional – Civil Services Books for Mains Exam
- Public Administration – Laxmikanth
- New Horizons Of Public Administration – Mohit Bhattacharya
- Administrative Thinkers – D. Ravindra Prasad
- Contemporary Debates in Public Administration – Dhameja Alka
- Indian Administration – Maheswari
- Introduction to the constitution of India – D.D.Basu
- Important Judgments that Transformed India – Alex Andrews George
- Public Administration: Concepts And Theories – Rumki Basu
- A Dictionary of Public Administration – Maheswari
- Indian Administration – Pankaj Singh
- Public Administration : Theory And Practice
- Governance in India for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination – Laxmikanth
- Administrative Theories And Management Thought – Sapru
PS: Also check the Public Administration books by Cosmos Bookhive. Link : UPSC Exam Books by Cosmos Bookhive – Book Review.
- Indian editions of the imported books may cost you less. But, make sure that the book has not compromised on quality and content.
- IGNOU Materials, IJPA articles, ASPA articles, Public Administration Review articles etc. are all really good.