Are you serious about IAS preparation? Then it’s time you should devote attention to smart work along with the hard work.
Only serious aspirants clear UPSC Prelims, Mains, and Interview. UPSC exam demands hard work. But at the same time, hard work alone may not always help you clear IAS exam.
Those who clear easily are those aspirants like you -- who realize the importance of smart work!
What is smart work?
Smart work is doing great things in a smart way. Smart work is using the right tools for the right work. The smart worker completes the urgent and important task first and leaves the rest for later.
What do smart aspirants do to clear UPSC Prelims?
- Smart aspirants enroll in a quality prelims mock test series early.
- They revise mock exams 2-3 times and evaluate their performance.
- They are never reluctant to invest in the right books and study materials.
- They not only invest in knowledge but also on smart techniques -- memory techniques, question paper solving techniques, intelligent elimination techniques, to name a few.
- Smart aspirants look for free resources which explain difficult concepts in a simple language, often in much better clarity than in textbooks (To give a hint -- just read our article on ‘Balance of Payments).
- They look for clues from IAS toppers interviews.
- They plan their work and work their plan.
Smart candidates don’t panic about the vast syllabus or unfinished study materials!
At a time, when fellow aspirants are over-burdened with hundreds of textbooks, NCERT books, online/offline study materials and coaching materials, smart candidates chose their resources wisely. They don’t panic.
Smart aspirants use the right tools
Right tools can save a lot of time. Smart aspirants focus on right guidance, right study materials, and right mock exams. They know their time is limited and cannot (and need not) study everything under the Sun. They seek the help of experts who can analyze UPSC trends. They utilize the latest technologies like ClearIAS mobile app and ClearIAS mock exam platform which brings detailed performance analysis including their strong and weak areas.
Smart aspirants know what is to be expected at exam hall well before!
They look for clues from UPSC syllabus and previous year UPSC questions. Having taken and revised their mock tests well in advance, they will be well-prepared to face uncertainties and surprises in the exam hall.
Smart candidates don’t waste time, but they use their time!
They realize that time wasted pondering over wasted time is again time wasted. The study portion of the syllabus as per the cost-benefit and relative importance. For this, they seek help from websites like clearias.com.
And finally, smart people know that the time-remaining is enough to clear Prelims!
People who do smart work have self-belief. They know that the time available is enough to clear UPSC CSE Prelims if properly utilized. A smart IAS aspirant would pay more attention to their final goal and clear the examinations in flying colours spending less time, energy and money!
Extra tip: Enroll for ClearIAS Prelims Mock Test Series, if not already done so. More than 2,00,000 aspirants have already registered on our mock test platform.
To watch more videos like this, subscribe to ClearIAS channel.