After the last syllabus change in UPSC Civil Services Mains exam, aspirants cannot stop with just 3-4 books. The competition has increased tremendously and aspirants need to expand the horizon of reading, particularly on new topics like internal security, governance, disaster management, world history etc. There was a dearth of good books to suit the latest syllabus, but thanks to new authors and publishers who came up with promising texts, things have now started to improve rapidly. This post is a list the new releases related to UPSC exam in the Indian market. Aspirants can click on the links for any book to buy online.
Latest IAS Books With Good Reviews: Click on the links to buy online
- General Studies: Paper – I 2016 (English Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education
- General Studies: Paper – II 2016 (English Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education
- 21 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2015) – Disha
- Manorama Year Book 2016 – English Edition
- India Year Book 2016 – Publication Division
- Economic Survey
- 12th Five Year Plan Document
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure – Rajagopalan
- Ethics Integrity and Aptitude – Mc Graw Hill
- Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains – Khuller
- Governance in India for CSE – Laxmikanth
- Challenges to Internal Security of India – Mc Graw Hill
- India’s Internal Security – for UPSC Mains General Studies – Band R InfoMedia
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1 – Arihant
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 – Arihant
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 3 – Arihant
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 4 – Arihant
- General Studies Prelims Paper 1 – Arihant (Manohar Pandey)
- Cracking the CSAT Paper 2 – Arihant
- General Studies Paper 1 for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2016 – Pearson
- General Studies Paper 2 for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2016 – Pearson
Latest IAS Books – Hindi Medium – for Prelims and Mains
- Samanya Adhyayan: Paper I 2016 (Hindi Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education
- Samanya Adhyayan: Paper II 2016 (Hindi Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education
- Manorama Year Book 2016 – Hindi Edition
- Bharat 2016 – Publication Division
- 12th Five Year Plan Document
Publishers in the field of UPSC Exam Preparation
There are many publishers like Mc Graw Hill, Pearson, Spectrum, Arihant, Access etc publishing competitive books for UPSC Exam preparation.
How to find the right books for UPSC/IAS prepration?
To get a quick understanding of the most basic/essential books for UPSC Preparation, ClearIAS.com has published three main lists so far: (1) IAS Prelims + Mains Books, (2) IAS Prelims Books and (3) IAS Mains Books. If you are a fresher in the UPSC preparation field, the best way to select useful books for preparation is by referring what previous year toppers had studied. You can check the UPSC Toppers’ Book list/Study materials in Toppers’ interview module.
New Books Released for UPSC Preparation: Book Review
- Book Review – Review of UPSC Books.
- UPSC Books Search – Direct check in Amazon website.
- UPSC Books Search – Direct check in Flipkart website.
PS: We keep updating this page, when new books worth the time and money of candidate appear in market. So come back to check this page again!
Also check: Books for Other Exams (Click on the links to buy online)
Tips regarding IAS book selection
It’s not necessary to read 201-heavy-weight-books to clear IAS! But considering the competition and vast syllabus, there is no doubt that UPSC exam preparation cannot be done without some essential books. Quality books act as add-ons to your online preparation and helps a lot in self-study. Concentrate on the recommended books mentioned in this website along with NCERT books for daily study and use additional books as reference.
Of-course there are many more books. Also lot of new books/editions are mentioned as forth coming item in e-commerce sites like Flipkart or Amazon. We have listed only the best, considering the fact that it is not practical to read a lot many books within a limited time frame. Also, though some books are promising, there are low-quality books too, which does not add any value in the UPSC exam perspective. All our lists are just indicative in nature, to generate awareness about new books available in the market for UPSC/IAS self study. Also please note that readers/publishers/authors are free to suggest any book to be added to the list.
PS: ClearIAS.com publishes reviews on new books in the market under our Book Review section. Publishers/authors can send us samples for review. Readers too can post the reviews about the UPSC books they bought in the comment section. That will be helpful for other aspirants for book selection.