After the successful 50 day answer writing practice for UPSC Civil Services mains under Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series, it’s now time to start the full length test series for UPSC mains. We deeply appreciate the interest and enthusiasm shown by our regular participants and readers, which is the main motivating factor for us to come up with this free full length series. These mock tests for UPSC Mains can be taken from the comfort of home. We have already covered a full length test on GS1. On coming days, aspirants can expect free mock tests on GS3, GS4 and Essay.
Clear IAS Mains Full Length Free Mock Test Series – 2 (GS2)
Instructions: There are 25 questions. Each question should be attempted in 200 words and carries 10 marks each. Content is more important than the length.
- Constitution presents India as a compromise between Judicial Supremacy and Parliamentary Sovereignty. Critically analyse.
- Analyse the significance of Kesavananda Bharti case on the evolution of Indian Constitution and polity.
- If there is a conflict between Fundamental Rights and DPSP, what will prevail? Trace the instances and court cases of conflict between Fundamental Rights and DPSP.
- Governor being the agent of the center, to avoid policy deadlock, should resign whenever there is a change in administration at center. Critically evaluate this statement in the backdrop of recent issues surrounding Governor’s removal.
- What are the schemes and projects for the development of Scheduled Tribes in India?
- Poverty estimation of India is often criticized for various reasons. Critically analyse the findings of the latest poverty estimation by C Rangrajan committee.
- Labour reforms are necessary for mass manufacturing, but at the same time the reforms should not result in labour exploitation. Explain in the backdrop of proposed labour reforms.
- CBI handles anti-corruption, economic crimes, special crimes such as terrorism, bomb blasts, sensational homicides etc. But the issue of autonomy for CBI is still unsolved. Explain the issues related to CBI autonomy, along with court orders and progress made so far.
- Pressure groups, even though they are not elected, are necessary evils in democracy. Critically evaluate.
- India should draw lessons from the experience of other countries and move towards creation of Performance Based Organisations for public service delivery. Discuss the scope, in light of the 2nd administrative reforms commission report.
- The relevant question of the protection of Whistleblowers is not well reflected in the Lokpal Act and Whistleblower Protection Act. Analyse.
- Analyse if Jan Dhan Yojana can fix the problem of financial inclusion in India. How is PMJDY different from the earlier Financial Inclusion Plan – Swabhimaan?
- Taking Kashmir issue to UN was one of India’s foreign policy blunders. Critically evaluate.
- Indian foreign policy towards United States can never be called consistent. Comment.
- What is project Mausam? Analyze the possible effect of project Mausam to counter China’s influence.
- Can India’s Act East policy be considered Look East Policy 2.0? Critically evaluate, explaining the changes in policy, if any.
- Comment on the need for reforms in IMF. As an emerging super power, what is the significance of BRICS Bank and AIIB Bank to India?.
- What is significance of Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA)? Why did India withdrew from signing TFA?
- Israel being one of India’s major military sources, critically evaluate India’s stand on Israel-Palestine conflict.
- How crucial are the relations with the two land locked countries in the Himalayas – Nepal and Bhutan – for India in the 21st century? Critically assess the possibilities.
- The landmark 2005 civil nuclear deal between India and US is still in limbo. What are the major hindrances to the implementation of the deal? What are the steps taken by both countries to make the deal practical?
- Trace the significance of 119th constitutional amendment bill in India Bangladesh relations.
- Subsidies are described by WTO in terms of different colored boxes. What is the significance of the subsidy boxes to India?
- Comment on the need for reforms in United Nations. Critically evaluate India’s demand for a permanent seat in UN security council.
- What is Overseas Citizenship Scheme of India? Can OCI be construed as dual citizenship?
Copyright : www.clearias.com.