UPSC Results 2019 are out! UPSC has declared the results of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 held on 02.06.2019. About 12,000 candidates qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2019. About 8 lakh candidates had applied for UPSC CSE(Prelims) 2019.
How to check UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2019 Results?
Two separate lists of qualified candidates are prepared by UPSC for Civil Services(CSE) Mains exam as well as Indian Forestry Service (IFoS) Mains exam.
Aspirants can check the roll numbers of successful candidates in the below pdfs for Civil Services Mains call and IFoS Mains exam call.
- List of successful candidates who got Civil Services Mains Exam 2019 calls.
- List of successful candidates who got IFoS Mains Exam 2019 calls.
Note: The results are also available on the websites upsc.gov.in as well as upsconline.nic.in. UPSC, this year, has also published the names of the successful candidates. To access that PDF, check this link.
Cut-off Score for Prelims 2019?
The official UPSC keys and cut-off scores will be released only after final results are published (by May 2020).
Each candidate will be provided with a separate login to check his/her individual marks for Prelims then.
The cut-off score for Indian Forest Service Mains call is usually on a higher side than CSE Mains call.
Qualified Candidates: What to do next?
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.clearias.com/up/securepdfs/upsc-civil-services-preliminary-exam-results-2019.pdf” title=”upsc civil services preliminary exam results 2019″]
First of all, hearty congrats from ClearIAS.com. We are overwhelmed by the thank-you emails from our students-regarding the highly successful ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2019, from which many questions came in the actual UPSE CSE Prelims 2019.
Now, it’s time for the written exam – mains. Work hard, take the best out of our free online study materials and clear IAS mains in flying colours! ClearIAS Team will update shortly about our Mains 2019 program (Mains Marks Booster Program) through our website/email. Stay tuned. All the best!
In accordance with the Rules of the Examination, all qualified candidates have to apply again in the Detailed Application Form, DAF (CSM), for Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2019, which would be available on the website of the Union Public Service Commission www.upsc.gov.in.
There are 2 DAFs – DAF 1 and DAF 2.
All the qualified candidates are advised to fill up the DAF (CSM) online and submit the same ONLINE for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2019 to be held from 20th September 2019. The DAF-1 (CSM) will be available on the website of the Commission from 01-08-2019 until 16-08-2019.
Not Yet Qualified Candidates: What to do next?
There is nothing to be ashamed if you didn’t make it this time. This exam is considered one of the toughest exams in India, and only 3 candidates out of 100 who take UPSC CSE clears it. This means the Prelims stage is a tough barrier to cross considering 97 percentage rejection.
Take the results in the right spirit, rectify your mistakes and try hard. Remember, most of the toppers had failed many times, either at Prelims, mains or interviews before making it to the top. So don’t lose your spirit.
Keep trying. Work hard for the Preliminary exam 2020 with extra vigour. We strongly recommend you to enroll in ClearIAS Prelims 2020 mock test series, which will surely help you to get an edge in the competition, as it combines learning with test-taking from the very beginning.
Listing out some helpful articles from our side for a new start.
- ClearIAS strategy post for beginners
- Time-Crunched Before UPSC Prelims? Then Apply This Strategy – The Secret of Achieving More With Less! (80/20 Principle)
- Prelims over! What next? Tips from ClearIAS.com
- IAS Books for Civil Services Prelims and Mains Exam Preparation
- IAS Preparation – The Online Way! Ten Useful Tips
- ClearIAS – Toppers Interviews
Takeaways from UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2019 Results
- The cut-off is expected to be higher than that of 2018. You can check the cut-off analysis for UPSC CSE in the link.
- There were a few confusing/ambiguous questions this time too. Hence scored varied a lot between various un-official keys.
- Based on feedback from successful users, the cut-off score seem to be in the range 100-105 (as per ClearIAS key).
- UPSC published Prelims 2019 within 40 days after conducting the exam. Last year it took 41 days.
- Around 12000 candidates are called for mains 2019.
- Approximately 2500 candidates will be called for UPSC Interview 2019.
- The final vacancies are expected around 900.
Note from ClearIAS.com
Candidates of CSE 2019 exam, those who got calls for CSE Mains or IFoS Mains and those who didn’t get calls, if enter their approximate marks (as per ClearIAS key) and category in the comment section, that would be helpful get a rough idea about cut-off marks for future candidates.