Eagerly waiting for UPSC Results 2018? UPSC declared the results of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 held on 03.06.2018. About 10500 candidates have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018. About 8 lakh candidates had applied for UPSC CSE(Prelims) 2018.
How to check UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018 Results?
Two separate lists of qualified candidates are prepared by UPSC for Civil Services(CSE) Mains exam as well as Indian Forestry Service (IFoS) Mains exam.
Aspirants can check the roll numbers of successful candidates in the below pdfs for Civil Services Mains call and IFoS Mains exam call.
- List of successful candidates who got Civil Services Mains Exam 2018 calls.
- List of successful candidates who got IFoS Mains Exam 2018 calls.
Note: The results are also available on the websites upsc.gov.in as well as upsconline.nic.in.
Cut-off Score for Prelims 2018?
The official UPSC keys and cut-off scores will be released only after final results are published (by May 2019).
Each candidate will be provided with a separate login to check his/her individual marks for Prelims then.
The cut-off score for Indian Forest Service Mains call is usually on a higher side than CSE Mains call.
Qualified Candidates: What to do next?
First of all, hearty congrats from ClearIAS.com. We are overwhelmed by the thank-you emails from our students-regarding the highly successful ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2018, from which many questions came in the actual UPSE CSE Prelims 2018.
Now, it’s time for the written exam – mains. Work hard, take the best out of our free online study materials and clear IAS mains in flying colours! ClearIAS Team will update shortly about our Mains 2018 program (Mains Marks Booster Program) through our website/email. Stay tuned. All the best!
In accordance with the Rules of the Examination, all qualified candidates have to apply again in the Detailed Application Form, DAF (CSM), for Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018, which would be available on the website of the Union Public Service Commission www.upsc.gov.in.
All the qualified candidates are advised to fill up the DAF (CSM) online and submit the same ONLINE for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018 to be held from 28th September 2018 The DAF (CSM) will be available on the website of the Commission from 23-07-2018 until 06-08-2018.
Not Yet Qualified Candidates: What to do next?
There is nothing to be ashamed if you didn’t make it this time. This exam is considered one of the toughest exams in India, and only 3 candidates out of 100 who take UPSC CSE clears it. This means Prelims stage is a tough barrier to cross considering 97 percentage rejection.
Take the results in the right spirit, rectify your mistakes and try hard. Remember, most of the toppers had failed many times, either at Prelims, mains or interviews before making it to the top. So don’t lose your spirit.
Keep trying. Work hard for the Preliminary exam 2019 with an extra vigour. We stronly recommend you to enroll in ClearIAS Prelims 2019 mock test series, which will surely help you to get an edge in the competition, as it combines learning with test-taking from the very beginning.
Listing out some helpful articles from our side for a new start.
- ClearIAS strategy post for beginners
- UPSC Prelims 2018 vs ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2018 – The Road is Tough; But the Driver is Tougher!
- Time-Crunched Before UPSC Prelims? Then Apply This Strategy – The Secret of Achieving More With Less! (80/20 Principle)
- Prelims over! What next? Tips from ClearIAS.com
- IAS Books for Civil Services Prelims and Mains Exam Preparation
- IAS Preparation – The Online Way! Ten Useful Tips
- ClearIAS – Toppers Interviews
Takeaways from UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018 Results
- The cut-off is expected to be lower than that of 2017. You can check the cut-off analysis for UPSC CSE in the link.
- There were a few confusing/ambiguous questions this time too.
- UPSC published Prelims 2018 within 41 days after conducting the exam. Last year it took only 40 days.
- The initially announced vacancies are only 782, but it seems a few more vacancies are reported later. Around 10500 candidates are called for mains 2018.
- Approximately 2000 candidates will be called for UPSC Interview 2018.
Note from ClearIAS.com
Candidates of CSE 2018 exam, those who got calls for CSE Mains or IFoS Mains and those who didn’t get calls, if enter their approximate marks (as per ClearIAS key) and category in the comment section, that would be helpful get a rough idea about cut-off marks for future candidates.