This is the 3rd Edition of the book “Current Issues – What’s hot today?”. The book covers 75 most probable topics (issues) for UPSC Mains and Interview. We thank all our readers for the warm support and reception given for the first and second editions.
Peculiarities of the book – Current Issues – What’s hot today? – 75 Important Issues for UPSC Mains and Interview
- Issue-based study (with views and counterviews) is highly helpful for the UPSC Civil Services Exam Mains (written test) as well as the Interview (personality test).
- You would get quick coverage of a lot of issues – with positives and negatives – which enable you to take a stand.
- You can save a lot of time (and avoid spending energy on multiple sources on these issues).
- You will get an idea of the background/history of important issues.
- Reference links to related discussions – text and video – from important websites like Rajya Sabha TV, PIB, PRS India, AIR etc are provided.
Buy and download online Rs.199. Link – Current Issues – What’s hot today? – 75 Important Issues for UPSC Mains
About the 3rd Edition
- The new edition includes about 75 current issues which need your attention (yes, a lot more new issues than our 1st and 2nd editions!)
- Also, many of the earlier topics still relevant today are updated with the latest current affairs.
- Some topics that are not applicable for this year are omitted as well.
75 Most Important Topics for UPSC Mains and Interview – Table of Contents
- Aadhaar and Privacy issues
- The ban on cow slaughter/ Beef Ban
- Cashless Economy
- Economic growth Vs Environmental conservation
- Election Funding
- Free Speech: Rights & Limits
- Frequent promulgation of Ordinance
- Full statehood to Delhi: Should it be granted or not?
- Interstate water disputes: Focus on Cauvery Water Dispute
- Judicial activism and judicial Overreach
- Judicial appointment: Collegium Vs NJAC
- Kashmir Unrest
- Media freedom and Responsible reporting
- Muslim Personal law: Polygamy/ Triple talaq
- Nationalism vs Regionalism
- NGOs and Development/ Crackdown on NGOs
- Dalit assertion and Politics of reservation
- Restriction on the entry of women in places of worship
- Should India spend more on science or Social welfare?
- Supreme Court judgement on Caste, Religion in Polls
- Parliamentary disruptions
- Uniform civil code
- Privatization of certain Healthcare Services
- Agrarian crisis: Issues in farmer economy
- Issues related to Social Media
- Criminalisation of politics
- Stubble burning in the neighbourhood of Delhi
- Marital rape
- ‘Living wills’/ Euthanasia
- Separate State Flag in Karnataka
- Net neutrality
- The merger of PSU banks
- Privatization of Air India
- Capital Punishment/death sentence
- Politics and Economics of farm loan waiver
- Laws to ban certain social practices
- Entry of foreign universities in India
- Respecting national anthem
- The special court for trying politicians
- FRDI bill
- National Medical Commission Bill
- Barring MPs from practising law
- Controversy over changing the Constitution
- Lateral entry: Professionalizing Governance or Committed Bureaucracy?
- Section 377: Constitutionality Vs Morality
- Institutions of Eminence: Can the tag help to create world-class universities?
- Higher Education Commission of India
- Bad bank: Is it a good idea?
- Data protection: Privacy Vs Innovation
- Ayushman Bharat: Can it make India healthier?
- SC/ST Act judgment: Protecting the innocent or diluting the Protection?
- Crisis in the sugar sector
- Khap Panchayats and honour killing
- National Policy on Biofuels
- Should the SC proceedings be live streamed?
- Doubling the Farmer’s income
- Is AI a danger to humanity?
- What prevents women from working in India?
- Special category status
- National Register of Citizens
- Price Deficiency Payment mechanism
- Death penalty for raping minor
- Mob lynching: Is it becoming a new normal?
- RTI amendments
- India in SCO: Benefits and challenges
- Minimum Support Price
- Reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees
- No detention under RTE
- Interlinking of rivers
- Compensatory Afforestation
- Non Performing Assets
- Amendments to the prevention of Corruption Act
- Issues related to the appointment of Lokpal
- Does RBI need more power to monitor Banks?
- Office of the Speaker: Powers and Issues
Details of the ebook “Current Issues – What’s Hot Today?”
- Edition – 3.0
- Pages – 405
- Format – PDF
- Buy and download online for Rs.199. Link – Current Issues – What’s hot today? – 75 Important Issues for UPSC Mains
Hakam singh says
My name is hakam singh please sir job my contact number 8894577238
Please update the daily news and current affairs
Sano George says
Do you’ll have the hardcopy?
Upto which month of which year is included in this ebook?
I would want for 2019 GS Mains.