This is a compilation of the model essays questions we provided as part of our 50-day Mains High Value Answer Writing (HVAW) Test Series in 2014. We will also be releasing the compilation of the essay model questions in the ClearIAS 30-day Mains Answer Writing Program(AWP) 2016 soon.
IAS Mains Model Questions: Essay Paper
Aspirants who write mains are advised to go through these questions, answers written by other candidates, and the respective feedback from ClearIAS Team.
- Challenges in reaping India’s demographic dividend and solutions.
- Is crony capitalism the root cause of increasing Non Performing Assets in India?
- Increasing Juvenile Crimes.
- If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking.
- Is Gandhian Philosophy relevant today?
- Role of women in driving India’s growth forward.
- Indian bureaucracy and globalization.
- Indian youth and scientific thinking.
- Evolution of Indian societal structure from historical times.
- Lessons in good citizenship inculcated at young age will go a long way in creating a better society.
- Contemporary India: Judicial Activism, Civil Society Movements and Media Activism.
- Is cricket the hindering the growth of other Indian sports and games?
- Role of engineers in driving India’s growth forward.
- Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.
- Corporatization of media and media responsibility.
- Socialism and contemporary India.
- Indian Society and Sex Education.
- Is reservation counter-productive?
- Future of human race.
- Commodification of women.
- Digital divide.
- Should India invest in sports and games?
- India should claim its rightful place in tourism.
- Role models for youth in India.
- Global warming : Who loses and who wins?
- Are we giving too much importance to cricket and Bollywood?
- Are women safe in India?
- Sexism in workplace.
- Environment vs development debate.
- Water conservation.
- India as a soft power.
- Scientific progress in Ancient and Medieval India.
- The meaning of life.
- Quality of higher education in India.
- Should politicians’ private lives be public?
- Alcoholism in India.
- Entertainment Industry in India.
- 100 years of Indian Cinema.
- Animal rights.
- Democracy passes into despotism.
- Social media and privacy.
- The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.
- Is India truly democratic?
- The mobile revolution is just beginning
- Dualism in Indian economy and society.
- Is it time to abolish Rajyasabha to improve governance?.
- India needs urgent legal system reforms.
- Education is important for everyone, but it is especially significant for girls and women.
- Did social media made us more open?
- India – A nation in making.
Practice Full Length UPSC Mains Mock Tests – Essay
Please go through Clear IAS Mains Full Length Free Mock Test Series – Essay Paper and see how ClearIAS mock questions helped our online students in the actual UPSC main exam.
How to download the compilation of mock questions?
Every note published in ClearIAS.com has a print-pdf button attached at the post-bottom and at the left-margin. Alternatively, you can use the website ‘printfriendly.com’ to enter the URL of any posts in ClearIAS.com to download a clean, reader-friendly PDF.
JEETEKNO Forestry says
This may be helpful.
NO Download option pls provide the solutions
@ Every note published in ClearIAS.com has a print-pdf button attached at the post-bottom and at the left-margin. Alternatively, you can use the website ‘printfriendly.com’ to enter the URL of any posts in ClearIAS.com to download a clean, reader-friendly PDF.
Answers to the questions are available in the links corresponding to the respective day’s questions.
It not work