In UPSC Civil Services Exam, because of the tight competition, even 1 mark counts. Clear IAS Team is happy that our convictions turned right on many occasions and there were lot many direct and indirect questions in actual UPSC exam from Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Program, Clear IAS Mains Full Length Free Mock Tests and Clear IAS free online study materials. Here is the comparison of clearias.com questions with official UPSC Mains 2014 GS4 Paper.
2 Essay Pattern as Predicted by Clear IAS!
UPSC asked students to write 2 essays this year. We hope this move didn’t bring shock to our regular readers, who took Clear IAS Free Mains Mock Exam in 2 essay pattern, each essay with 1250 words. UPSC essay paper asked students to write TWO Essays, choosing ONE from each of the Sections A and B, in about 1000-1200 words each. (125×2= Total 250 marks).
We were close in predicting the pattern of essay paper for 2014 (2 essays, near 1250 words). There were also some questions from our mock tests and answer writing practice tests that were very close to actual UPSC mains exam 2014. We had touched topics like sports, tourism, power, privacy and education which came in actual essay paper. We hope the practice helped aspirants to equip themselves better. Here is the comparison of clearias.com questions with official UPSC Mains 2014 Essay Paper.
Questions from ClearIAS.com which appeared in UPSC Mains 2014 Essay Paper
- [Clear IAS Qn] Is cricket the hindering the growth of other Indian sports and games? (Test 12)
- [Clear IAS Qn] Should India invest in sports and games? (Test 22)
- [UPSC 2014 Qn] Fifty Golds in Olympics: Can this be a reality for India?
- [Clear IAS Qn] Social media and privacy. (Test 41)
- [UPSC 2014 Qn] Is sting operation an invasion on privacy?
- [Clear IAS Qn] India should claim its rightful place in tourism. (Test 23)
- [UPSC 2014 Qn] Tourism: Can this be the next big thing for India?
- [Clear IAS Qn] India as a soft power. (Test 31)
- [UPSC 2014 Qn] With greater power comes greater responsibility.
- [Clear IAS Qn] The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. (Test 42)
- [Clear IAS Qn] Quality of higher education in India. (Test 34)
- [UPSC 2014 Qn] Are the standardized tests good measure of academic ability or progress?
Right Guidance! Right Selections!
One can give some 5000+ questions and 10,000+ page study material and claim that many questions in actual UPSC exam came from their database. But Clear IAS took a focused and simple path. Our materials were small in size. We provided only around 75 questions each for GS1, GS2, and GS3. There were 54 essay topic selections and 64 questions for GS4 (Ethics) paper. Our online study materials, provided a guidance for note preparation on the important topics, but these too were never long or heavy.
Our aim was to help our readers to catch fish and not give fish directly. But still, because of our focused approach, our mock tests and study-materials provided many direct questions to our readers. In-spite of the new trend of analytical questions by UPSC, many of our convictions turned right, including the number of questions and word limit. The essay on tourism was kind of direct. We had selected other topics like privacy, power, education etc from which related essays came. For those who participated in Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test Series under our Prelims cum Mains Integrated approach, essays should not have caused much trouble. Clear IAS Team feel proud and satisfied, and now it’s over to our readers and students!
when are starting prelims approach of 2015 ?? and even for mains.. like combined approach
Thanks you so much for your efforts….god bless.. 🙂
deewan mital says
please tell me how to preparation for mains exam.
You will have to stay focused with a lot of writing practices.
Ncert 6+o 12 and famous books for optional like for polity m laxmikant.
And Mrunal test series
ashish patel says
how i can increas my writing speed for civil service main examination
hello sir where is the mains test series schedule