We deeply appreciate the interest and enthusiasm shown by our regular participants and readers in the free full length series. We have already covered full length tests on GS1, GS2, GS3 and GS4. This is the final mock test paper in the series, and we will be covering essay paper in this test. As UPSC has indicated that there may be multiple essays this year, we ask you to write two essays in this mock test in 3 hours. The actual case may be different. It may be more or less. Be prepared for surprises.
How to participate and write answers?
The full length test series is different from the earlier Clear IAS Mains High Value Answer Writing Test series in the sense that this test should be attempted in a time-bound manner, without looking at any reference material. Besides, aspirants have to write this exam on unruled A4 size papers.
- Keep at least 25 unruled A4 size pages ready for each full length test to get the feel of actual mains booklet.
- Start answering by copying each question first.
- Start each new question in a fresh page.
- The maximum space that can be used for each question is 15.
- Though the pattern for this year mains may be different, we follow a 2 question out of 4 choice pattern for essay paper.
- Never look at any reference materials, online or offline.
- Keep a timer ready. The exam is for 3 hours. Write whatever you know, but stick to your time limits.
Evaluation and Feedback
- Make sure your final document contains questions in the ascending order.
- Scan the documents (you can even use your mobile phone camera for that, but make sure the pages are readable and clear) and combine the images into a PDF.
- Upload the PDF, into Google Docs and submit the Google Docs link in the comment section below.
- Alternatively, participants can also send the PDF to our mail id : contactus[at]clearias.com.
- The PDF should contain the following details – Name of the participant in full, UPSC Mains Roll No, Email ID to contact (optional).
- There is no guarantee that we will evaluate all responses we get, due to time constraints, but we shall try to give an overall feedback to as many candidates as possible. Also, please note that we won’t evaluate/give feedback if above mentioned rules are not obeyed.
- The last date for entries is Dec 13, 2014.
- Keep your spirits high. Believe in yourself and start answering. All the best!
Clear IAS Mains Full Length Free Mock Test Series – Essay Paper
Instructions: Write essays on any two of the following topics, in NOT MORE than 1250 words each. (125*2= 250 marks)
- Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so.
- Is India a regressive society for women?
- Re-emergence of India on the global stage.
- Digital sovereignty and India.
PS: UPSC Notification 2014 reads : “Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics. They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion, and to write concisely. Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.”