Are you searching for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 date? As per the official UPSC notification, Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 (objective) will be conducted on June 03, 2018. The Main Exam (written) 2018 will start from September 28, 2018.
UPSC Examination Calendar 2018
- Date of Notification for Civil Service Prelims and Indian Forest Service Prelims: February 07, 2018
- Last date to apply for Civil Service Prelims and Indian Forest Service Prelims: March 06, 2018
- Date of UPSC CSE Prelims 2018 and IFS Prelims 2018: June 03, 2018
- Date of UPSC CSE Mains 2018: September 28, 2018
- Date of UPSC IFS Mains 2018: December 02, 2018
Note: The dates of notification, commencement and duration of Examinations are liable to
alteration, if the circumstances so warrant.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 Date
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 date is 15 days early when compared to Preliminary Exam 2017. Preliminary Exam 2017 was on June 18, 2017.
The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II). The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. The marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for the main exam.
Note: The Commission will draw a list of candidates to be qualified for Civil Service (Main) Examination based on the criterion of minimum qualifying marks of 33% in General Studies PaperII of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and total qualifying marks of General Studies Paper-I of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination as may be determined by UPSC.
UPSC Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: Two hours (Counted for the merit rank in the Prelims)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours (Not counted for the merit rank in Prelims but a qualifying Paper; just needs 33% marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
ClearIAS UPSC Prelims Online Test Series 2018: Boost Your UPSC Prelims Score!
ClearIAS UPSC Prelims Online Mock Test Series integrate learning with test-taking and help you learn faster. More than 100,000 aspirants registered within a short span of time for ClearIAS UPSC Prelims Test Series acknowledging the quality of our tests. Take a free ClearIAS Prelims Mock Test and explore the features.
More than 100 marks worth questions were asked in UPSC Prelims 2016 and 2017 – directly or indirectly – which had asked in ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2016 and 2017. This had helped a lot of our students who enrolled for ClearIAS Prelims Test Series to clear UPSC Prelims with ease. Enroll now for ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2018 to get the early advantage.
- Civil Services Exam
- IAS Exam Eligibility
- UPSC Syllabus
- How to start IAS preparation?
- IAS Books
A candidate’s rank in UPSC Civil Service Exam depends only on the mark scored in Main and Interview. The main exam has 1750 marks while interview has 275 marks.
The written examination (main) will consist of the following nine papers, but only 7 papers will be counted for final merit ranking. For the rest two papers, the candidate should secure minimum marks prescribed by UPSC each year.
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his/her career. He/she will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his/her intellectual qualities but also social traits and his/her interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, the balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
How should you start preparing for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018?
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 date is not too far away.
Don’t waste time.
You will regret every wasted minute. The key is to learn, practice, and revise.
We strongly recommend joining ClearIAS Prelims Online Test Series now. There are two advantages – (1) You will get the early bird advantage to cover and revise the most important areas. This would also help you learn faster. (2) You will get 50+ full-length mock tests at a discounted price, as part of our limited period offer. Enroll for ClearIAS Prelims Online Test Series 2018 now!