This article is intended to provide awareness of a scholarship scheme called Nai Udaan provided by the Union government for UPSC, SSC, and other state PSC exams. Read more to know about the Nai Udaan Scholarship Scheme.
Due to financial restrictions and other causes, many aspirants across the nation choose not to attempt the UPSC Civil Service examination.
If that is the case, there are several scholarship programs offered by the union and state governments that provide financial assistance to aspirants in a right-based approach.
The government of India, Ministry of Minority Affairs is implementing the scheme Nai Udaan- Scheme for Support to Minority Students for preparation of the Main Examination, which clear Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions.
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial support to the minority candidates clearing prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, and State Public Service Commissions.
This scheme allows aspirants to adequately equip them to compete for appointment to Civil Services in the Union and the State Governments and to increase the representation of the minority in the Civil Services.
- Rs. 1,00,000/- for clearing UPSC Preliminary Examination.
- Rs. 50,000/- for clearing State PCS (Gazetted) Preliminary Examination.
- Rs. 25,000/- for clearing SSC CGL & CAPF- Group-B Preliminary Examination.
- Rs. 25,000/- for clearing State PCS (Graduate Level Non-Gazetted) Preliminary Examination.
- The candidate should not have availed the benefit of the Nai Udaan Scheme in the past for having cleared the Prelims Examination of Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, and State Public Service Commissions.
- The Annual Family Income of the candidate, from all sources, should not exceed Rs. 8.0 Lakh per annum.
- The candidate applying under the Nai Udaan Scheme should belong to any one of the notified Minority Communities (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi) under Section 2 (C) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
How candidates are selected for the scholarship?
Depending on whether they meet the eligibility requirements, up to 5100 individuals could receive financial assistance under the program each year, until the budgetary allotment is used up.
In the event that there are only a few spots left for a particular community/Exam, candidates will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Procedure to apply to the scholarship scheme
Eligible candidates may apply online through the portal i.e. www.naiudaanmoma.gov.in for availing of the benefit under the Scheme within one month from the date of declaration of the result along with all requisite documents. However, Selection Committee can also consider applications received even after one month time.
Terms and Conditions for this scholarship scheme
i) The candidate should submit proof of passing the exam for which he has applied to avail of the benefit under the scheme.
ii) The candidate should submit a relevant Admit Card/Roll Number slip, documentary proof in support of qualifying for the exams, and any other document sought by the Ministry.
iii) The candidate should submit a certificate of the annual income of the family from all sources issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT.