Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has launched the One Time Registration (OTR) platform on its official website for the convenience of candidates. Read here to know the details.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has launched the ‘One Time Registration’ (OTR) platform on the Commission’s website.
UPSC One Time Registration (OTR) 2022
Until lately, candidates who were pursuing several examinations had to apply online through the UPSC’s official websites, uploading their personal information each time.
Now, aspiring UPSC applicants can use the OTR feature to save their personal information and other pertinent details on the websites, and the portal will keep them for usage and future reference.
The candidates can retrieve the information while applying for different exams.
Through this facility, about 70% of the information will now be automatically filled in.
Additionally, just one upload of the documents is required as they will also be saved for retrieval.
Advantages of One Time Registration (OTR)
- The OTR will be quite useful for the candidates as it will save them from filling in their basic personal details again for any subsequent Examination being conducted by the UPSC.
- It will also eliminate any possibility of submission of incorrect information by them as their basic personal details will be validated by the candidates themselves.
- Since about 70% of information of an aspirant in the OTR will automatically be pre-populated in the online application form of an Examination, the time for filling/submitting an online application form will be reduced considerably.
To-do’s for OTR
The aspirants, who wish to apply for any future Examination(s) of the Commission, are required to register themselves on the OTR platform by filling up their basic personal information indicated therein.
Once the registration of an aspirant is completed, the information will remain stored securely in the Commission’s servers.
An aspirant’s information will get automatically filled in the online application form of an Examination for which she/he applies.
It is advised to read carefully the OTR instructions and fill in the information in the OTR with extreme care to avoid any complications in the future.
The link to fill the OTR is:
Steps to fill the OTR
- Visit any of the official websites for UPSC One Time Registration (OTR).
- Registration: You should provide the following information:
- Valid Email ID.
- Valid Mobile No.
- Personal details as per 10th class Certificate.
- Roll No of 10th class Certificate.
- Login: Use the following information to log in:
- Valid Email ID.
- Valid Mobile number.
- Valid UPSC One Time Registration (OTR-ID)
- Verification: Verify the following information:
- Mobile number
- Personal details as per 10th certificate
- Roll number in 10th certificate
- Apply for the desired examination
- Make payment (if applicable)
- Upload photograph and signature
- Upload photo id