‘Important Judgments that transformed India’ is a book which is not just for IAS aspirants but for every Indian who is interested to know the role played by the Indian Judiciary in transforming the nation.
The book is written by Alex Andrews George, founder of ClearIAS.com.
The work is published by McGraw-Hill, the name which needs no introduction in the academic field.
Important Judgments that transformed India
How did the Kesavananda Bharathi case change Indian Judiciary, Indian Polity, and Indian Constitution?
What will be the impact of the recent verdict on Right to privacy on the lives of ordinary citizens of India?
Have you ever felt the need for an easy-to-learn compilation of various Supreme Court cases?
The book “Important Judgments that transformed India” presents an easy understanding of the landmark Court Cases that everyone needs to know about.
The language, presentation, and mindmaps make this book a highly useful handbook for three areas – (1) Indian Polity (2) Indian Constitution (3) Indian Judiciary.
Update: Within a few minutes we announced the release of our new book ‘Important Judgments that transformed India’, hundreds of copies of the first batch of the book available on Amazon and Flipkart got completely booked. If you see ‘sold-out’ message on Amazon/Flipkart, you can directly order the book online from the McGraw-Hill website using this link.
“Important Judgments that transformed India” – What makes the book a must-buy?
- This new book effectively fills the vacuum faced by readers in this field of Indian Polity and Constitution. Compilation of all landmark judgments at one place provides a holistic and faster learning experience.
- This book perfectly supplements the best-selling book on Indian Polity by M.Laxmikanth.
- From the broad area of Indian Polity, in recent years, many questions are asked about Indian judiciary and the landmark judgments. This trend is not surprising, thanks to the central role played by the Supreme Court as the custodian of the Indian Constitution.
- A fair knowledge about the important judgments of the constitutional courts can help you fetch valuable marks in the UPSC Civil Services Prelims (objective), Mains (written), and Interview (personality-test).
- You can quote many of the landmark cases discussed in this book when you write answers of polity/constitution-related questions to provide a real-value addition to your answer.
Salient Features of the book
- Analysis of the importance of 30 landmark Supreme Court judgments
- Compilation of 90+ Supreme Court judgments with respect to the main area of conflict.
- Each chapter divided into – introduction, background, arguments, judgment, importance, and impact.
- The complicated legal context behind Supreme Court cases made simple and easy to understand.
Special Attractions of the book
- UPSC Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination Previous Year Questions (1979-2019) from the topic – completely solved.
- Mindmaps of important concepts related to Indian Polity.
- Highlights of each chapter provided in the chapter introduction.
- Important Judicial Doctrines and Judicial Terms explained.
How to buy the book “Important Judgments that transformed India” online?
About the Author: Alex Andrews George
Alex Andrews George is the founder of the popular website ClearIAS.com. An engineer by graduation, he is a problem-solver who has diverse experience and interests. He balances multiple roles as an edupreneur, technologist, blogger, and teacher. As one of the pioneers in the online Civil Services exam coaching, his notes, strategies, guidance, and mock exams have been helping thousands of candidates clear various stages of UPSC Civil Services exam, every year.
About ClearIAS: ClearIAS.com is one of the most popular websites in India for UPSC preparation, used by 10, 00, 000+ (10 lakh) aspirants each month.).
It is quite interesting to learn how the Supreme Court Judgments protected the essence of Indian Constitution, strengthened democracy, and transformed the lives of ordinary citizens of India. The way democracy now functions in India, owe a lot to many of these Supreme Court Judgments.
This book effectively caters to the requirements of many competitive examinations, particularly the UPSC Civil Services Examination (Prelims, Mains, and Interview). It is equally valuable to all academics, legal students, and general readers who are interested in Indian Polity and Constitution.
Review of 'Important Judgments that transformed India' by Alex Andrews George
Book Title: Important Judgments that transformed India
Book Description: The book “Important Judgments that transformed India” presents an easy understanding of the landmark Court Cases that everyone needs to know about. The way democracy now functions in India, owe a lot to many of these Supreme Court Judgments.
Book Author: Alex Andrews George
Book Edition: First
Book Format: Paperback
Number Of Pages: 254
The book “Important Judgments that transformed India” presents an easy understanding of the landmark Court Cases that everyone needs to know about. The language, presentation, and mindmaps make this book a highly useful handbook for three main areas - (1) Indian Polity (2) Indian Constitution (3) Indian Judiciary.