UPSC has announced the results of Civil Services Mains 2017 written exam results. About 2560 candidates have passed UPSC CSE Mains 2017 and qualified for the Personality Test. 13,000 candidates had written Main exam 2017.
Download the PDF of results here.
Personality Test of these candidates is likely to commence from 19th Feb, 2018. Here are the highlights of the official announcement from UPSC on Civil Services Mains 2017 Written Exam Results:
Highlights of UPSC Civil Services Mains 2017 Written Exam Results
Around 12 lakh candidates applied for CSE 2017 Prelims. About 5 lakh candidates appeared on Prelims Exam day out of which UPSC called only around 13,000 for Mains exam. Now, for the UPSC interview, the number of candidates selected are around 2500.
- On the basis of the results of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017 held by the Union Public Service Commission during October 28 to November 03, 2017, the candidates with the under mentioned Roll Numbers have qualified for Personality Test for selection to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and other Central Services (Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’).
- Candidature of these candidates is provisional subject to their being found eligible in all respects. The candidates will be required to produce the original certificates in support of their claims pertaining to age, educational qualifications, community, physical handicap and other documents such as Questionnaire, Attestation Form, and TA Form, etc. at the time of their Personality Test. The formats of SC/ST/OBC and PH certificates and Questionnaire, Attestation Form and TA Form, etc. can be downloaded from the website of the Commission. They are, therefore, advised to keep the said documents ready with them.
- Personality Test of these candidates is likely to commence from 19th Feb, 2018. Personality Tests will be held in the Office of the Union Public Service Commission at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.
- The detailed program for the Personality Test will be uploaded on the Commission’s website https://www.upsc.gov.in.
- The e-Summon letters will be made available on the Commission’s website https://www.upsc.gov.in.
- The Qualified candidates who are unable to download their e-Summon Letters from the Commission’s Website at least 5 days before the commencement of the said Personality Test/Interview should immediately contact the Office of the Commission through on Phone Nos. 011- 23385271, 011-23381125, 011-23098543 or Fax No. 011-23387310, 011-23384472.
- No paper Summon Letters will be issued for the Personality Test/Interview by the Commission, but there will be only e-summon letters.
- No request for a change in the date and time of the Personality Test intimated to the candidates will be entertained.
- The candidates are advised to notify changes in their address, if any, to the Commission immediately through letter or Fax at Telephone numbers indicated above.
- The marks sheets of candidates who have not qualified will be put on the Commission’s Website within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result (after conducting Personality Test) and will remain available on the Website for a period of 60 days.
Download the e-Summon Letter
The e-Summon Letter of Personality Test of candidates being called for Interview may be downloaded from the Commission’s Website https://www.upsc.gov.in from 18th Jan, 2018.
Fill the addendum to DAF for submitting Zone and Cadre Preferences
At the time of filling up of Detailed Application Form (DAF), Cadre Preferences were not obtained from the candidates qualified for Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017 and it was inter alia mentioned in Column 18 of DAF that the Revised Cadre Policy was under consideration in the Government (Department of Personnel & Training) for the All India Services. The Government has since issued the Cadre Allocation Policy on 05.09.2017, which is available on the DoP&T’s website.
In accordance with this Revised Cadre Allocation Policy all the candidates, who have qualified for Personality Test (Interview), are requested to fill up the Addendum to DAF Online for submitting their Zones & Cadre Preferences.
The Addendum to DAF will be made available on the Commission’s website from 16/01/2018 to 29/01/2018 (06:00 P.M.).
Candidates are advised to visit the website of Department of Personnel & Training at the link https://persmin.gov.in/AIS1/QrvCA.asp for perusing the Cadre Allocation Policy-2017.
They are also advised to go through the details of the Cadre Allocation Policy 2017 extremely carefully before submitting their preferences for Zones as well as Cadres thereunder. The preferences once opted and submitted cannot be modified or changed at a later stage. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence while filling up the preferences for Zones as well as Cadres thereunder. If a candidate fails to submit the Addendum to DAF by last date/time, it will be considered that the candidate has no preference to make for Zones & Cadres and no request shall be entertained in this regard.
Fill the attestation form
All the qualified candidates are required to fill up the Attestation Form online and submit the same ONLINE which would be made available on the website of the Department of Personnel & Training from the 19th Feb 2018 till the conclusion of Personality Test (Interview) on the link https://persmin.gov.in/AIS1/WelcomeCSE.asp.
Therefore all candidates qualified for the Personality Test (Interview) are advised to fill it up online within the prescribed time limit. For any query/clarification regarding Attestation Form, the candidates should contact Department of Personnel &T raining on E-mail ID: [email protected], ashishm.[email protected], Or telephone nos. 011-23093683, 23092158, 23040335.
UPSC Civil Services Mains 2017 Written Exam Results Analysis
- The intake this time is less (2560 instead of the last year 2961), due to the less number of vacancies reported.
- It took around 68 days this time for evaluation and tabulation. Last year it was about 70 days.
Successful Readers of Clear IAS: UPSC CSE 2017-18 Interview
ClearIAS.com congratulates all candidates who made it to the final round. We thank all our readers who took advantage of ClearIAS Prelims Test Series and ClearIAS Mains Mock Test Archives. Clear IAS wish you all the very best for the personality test.
Those who are yet to make it…
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
And those who didn’t make it to the personality test, never confuse a single defeat with the final defeat. We know it’s tough to stay inspired for long, particularly after setbacks. But one failure is not the end of life.