ClearIAS as a self-study package for IAS exam preparation has been creating study materials which are free, simple and easy to learn. Due to popular demand, we are providing an all-in-one destination for downloading the most important study materials published in ClearIAS.com for free.
Download ClearIAS App for free (more than 3,00,000 downloads!)
- Click to download Clear IAS android app from Google Play Store.
- Click to download Clear IAS app iPhone app from App Store on Apple iTunes.
How to download ClearIAS study-materials as PDF?
Every note published in ClearIAS.com has a print-pdf button attached at the post-bottom and at the left-margin. Alternatively, you can use the website ‘printfriendly.com’ to enter the URL of any posts in ClearIAS.com to download a clean, reader-friendly PDF.
Indian History: must-read notes
- Prehistoric Era Art – Rock Paintings (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Arts of Indus Valley Civilization (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Arts of the Mauryan Period (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Post Mauryan Trends in Indian Art and Architecture (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Later Mural Traditions (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Temple Architecture and Sculpture – Hindu, Buddhist and Jain (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Indian Bronze Sculpture (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Indo-Islamic Architecture (Indian Culture Series – NCERT)
- Indian Philosophy : Orthodox and Heterodox Schools
- Hindu Temple Architecture: Pallava
- Hindu Temple Architecture : Cholas
- Hindu Temple Architecture : Chalukyas
- Hindu Temple Architecture : Hoysala
- Indian History: Ancient India to Modern India Chronology
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Ancient India: Customs and Practices (NCERT)
- Ancient India: Early Cities and Republics (NCERT)
- Ancient India: Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism (NCERT)
- Ancient India: Maurya and Post-Maurya Rulers (NCERT)
- Ancient India: Gupta and Post-Gupta (NCERT)
- Medieval India: Tripartite Struggle and Cholas (NCERT)
- Medieval India: Delhi Sultanate (NCERT)
- Medieval India: Mughal Dynasty (NCERT)
- Medieval India: Rulers and Buildings (NCERT)
- Land Revenue Systems in British India: Zamindari, Ryotwari and Mahalwari
- Historical Background of Indian Constitution
Geography: must-read notes
- Geomorphic Processes.
- Endogenic Forces and Evolution of Land forms.
- Volcanoes: Everything You Need To Know.
- Earthquakes: Everything You Need To Know.
- Exogenic Forces and their classification.
- Erosion and Deposition: Action of Running Water and Groundwater
- Erosion and Deposition: Action of Glaciers
- Erosion and Deposition: Action of Wind and Waves
- Major Landforms – Mountains, Plateaus, and Plains: Learn faster
- Interior of the Earth: Crust, Mantle and Core
- Earth’s Crust: Elements, Minerals and Rocks
- Ocean Floor: Everything you need to know
- Major Ocean Currents: How to learn faster?
- Movements of ocean water: Waves, Tides and Ocean Currents
- Countries of the World Listed By Continent.
- Interesting Facts and Figures Regarding World Geography.
- Soils of India: Classification and Characteristics.
- Different soil types in India: Understand the differences.
- Causes of Soil Degradation and Methods for Soil Conservation.
- Urban Heat Islands.
- Sectors of Economy : Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary and Quinary
- Factors Responsible for the Location of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Sector Industries in Various Parts of the World (Including India)
- Distribution of Major Industries : Location Factors
- Geographical Indication (GI) Tags in India: Memorize Faster
- Ramsar sites (Wetlands) in India: Memorize faster
Economics: must-read notes
- Basic Concepts of Economics In Simple Language.
- Everything You Need To Know About India’s New GDP Series 2011-12.
- Indian Economy Overview
- Ten Steps For India To Be The Third Largest Economy by 2043.
- Inflation : Definition, WPI, CPI, Measurement and Causes.
- REPO and CRR Rate Cuts – What Should You Understand?
- Rupee Devaluation, Depreciation, Export and Import.
- Government Budgeting : Indian Budget for Beginners.
- Budget Documents Made Simple : Key to Budget Documents.
- Tax Expenditure and Budgetary Policies.
- Fiscal Deficit and Current Account Deficit.
Indian Economy – Sectors
Primary (Agriculture) Sector
- Food Processing and Related Industries in India.
- Pink Revolution in Food Processing Industry.
- Land reforms in India.
- National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP).
Secondary (Industrial) Sector
- Factors Responsible for the Location of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Sector Industries in Various Parts of the World (Including India).
- Indian Companies Act 2013: Salient Features.
- Make In India Initiative.
Tertiary (Service) Sector
Planning and Federalism
- Indian Economy : Issues Related to Planning.
- Indian Economy : Mobilization of Resources.
- Indian Economy : Growth, Development and Employment.
- Investment Models.
- 12th Five Year Plan 2012-17 Targets.
- From Planning Commission To NITI Aayog: Evolution of Indian Planning.
- NITI Aayog: The new ‘think-tank’ to replace Planning Commission.
- How do States get revenue from the Center?
- The Shrinking Central Plan and Growing Central Assistance.
- Major Programs Under Central Plan: Budget 2015-16.
- Major Programs Under Central Assistance to States Plan: Budget 2015-16.
- Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS).
- Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) and RMNCH+A.
Financial Market – Money Market and Capital Market
- Financial Market: Money Market and Capital Market.
- Money Market Overview.
- Capital Market Overview.
- Speculation, Hedging, Arbitrage and Investment.
- SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India).
- Share and Stock Market : Common Questions.
- Union Budget of India 2016-17 Highlights and Analysis.
- Union Budget of India 2015-16 Highlights and Analysis.
- Union Budget of India 2014-15 Highlights and Analysis.
- UPA’s Interim Budget 2014-15 vs NDA’s Union Budget 2014-15.
- Union Budget 2013-14 Summary.
- Indian Railway Budget 2013-14 Highlights.
Economic Survey and Latest Data
- Economic Survey 2014-15 Summary.
- Economic Survey 2013-14 Summary.
- Indian Economy Statistics : Know India Better.
- Committees and Commissions in India.
- WTO, Trade Facilitation Agreement and Indian Stand.
- Fiscal Cliff and Fiscal Drag Explained.
- US Debt Ceiling Crisis and US Federal Government Shut down Explained.
- Bitcoin : Understanding The Basics.
Indian Polity: must-read notes
Indian Constitution (basics)
- Historical background of Indian Constitution.
- Constitution of India: List of All Articles (1-395) and Parts (1-22).
- Parts of Indian Constitution: A brief overview.
- Schedules of Indian Constitution: A brief overview.
- Must Know Articles of Indian Constitution: A brief overview.
Indian Constitution (topics in the same order)
- Preamble of the Constitution.
- Union and its Territory.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Fundamental Duties.
- Prime Minister, CoM and Attorney General.
- Supreme Court.
- Chief Minister and CoM.
- State Legislature.
- Sessions of Parliament: Adjournment, Prorogation, Dissolution etc.
- When Does a Bill Lapse in Indian Parliament?
- Types of Majorities Used in the Indian Parliament.
- Procedure Established by Law vs Due Process of Law.
Constitution in depth!
- Fundamental Rights vs Directive Principles: What if there is a conflict?
- President of India – Discretionary Powers You Never Knew Existed!
- Anti-Defection Law: Is it time for reconsideration?
- Election to Rajya Sabha : The Procedure.
- Capital Punishment, Mercy Pleas and the Supreme Court
Policies, Bills and Acts (Statutes)
- Representation of Peoples Act 1950 and 1951.
- Right To Information Act 2005.
- Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005.
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STI) 2013.
- Role of Civil Services in a Democracy.
- Functions of an IAS Officer.
- Mechanisms, Laws, Institutions and Bodies for Vulnerable Sections.
- Sevottam Model.
Science and Technology: must-read notes
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STI) 2013
- Chemistry: basics.
- FRP Composite Material And Its Applications
- Nuclear chemistry: basics.
- The Big Bang Theory
- Classical Mechanics vs Quantum Mechanics
- Standard Particle Model of Quantum Mechanics: Inside an Atom
- Fermions and Bosons : Particles Which Make The Universe
- The Four Fundamental Forces of Nature
- Dark Matter vs Anti Matter vs Negative Matter
- Higgs Boson : The God Particle
- Gravitational Waves: Einstein Was Right!
- GSLV D5, GSAT 14, Cryogenic Technology and ISRO
- India’s Reusable Launch Vehicle (RLV): Everything you need to know
Environment: must-read notes
- Environment Presentation #1: Biodiversity Basics.
- Environment Presentation #2: Species Conservation in Different Biosphere Reserves of India.
- Environment Presentation #3: Biodiversity Protection Schemes by Government of India.
- Environment Presentation #4: Climate Change: Basics.
- Environment Presentation #5: Biodiversity Conservation and Climate Change Mitigation: Indian Efforts.
- Environment Presentation #6: Biodiversity Conservation and Climate Change Mitigation: International Efforts.
- IUCN Classification : Critically Endangered, Endangered and Vulnerable
- Biodiversity of India
- Critically Endangered Animal Species of India
- Biodiversity Protection: Steps Taken By Indian Government
- Hotspots – World Heritage Sites – Biosphere Reserves – National Parks – Sanctuaries – Tiger Reserves
- Biosphere Reserves of India : Names and Location
- Ramsar sites (Wetlands) in India: Memorize faster
- UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites: Names from India
- Paris Agreement: Simplified
Current Affairs: must-read notes
- Gadgil Report and Kasturirangan Report on Western Ghats
- Genetically Modified Crops and Regulations in India
- Ebola Virus Disease – A Challenge to India
- UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Brexit: How does it affect India and the World?
- International North–South Transport Corridor (INSTC)
- Indus Water Treaty: Everything you need to know
- China’s Lalho Dam Project: Should India worry?
World History: must-read notes
Indian Society: must-read notes
India’s foreign relations: must-read notes
- India’s Bilateral Issues With SAARC Countries: A Quick Look
- India-UAE Relations: Everything You Need to Know
International affairs: must-read notes
- Is China buying the world? Review of Global Banking Scenario
- European Refugee Crisis in a Nutshell
- Euromaidan, Ukrainian revolution and Crimean crisis
Disaster Management: must-read notes
Internal Security: must-read notes
- Various Security Forces and Agencies and Their Mandate
- Defense Forces and Paramilitary Forces of India
- India’s Intelligence and Investigation Agencies
- India’s Nuclear Weapon Programme
- National Cyber Security Policy 2013
- North East India – Insurgency and Other Issues
Ethics: must-read notes
- Public Service Values: Important Terms
- Crisis of Conscience: Ethical Decision Making
- Corporate Governance
- Sevottam Model
- Euthanasia – Arguments in Favour and Against
- Ethics Case Study: Personal Ethics vs Professional Ethics
- Ethics Case Study: Change in Eligibility Criteria
- Ethics Case Study: Your Son In Trouble
- Ethics Case Study : Juvenile Justice Act and Heinous Crimes
Download the essentials
Guidance for Prelims and Mains
- A Note Before You Begin IAS Preparation or Coaching.
- Smart Work for IAS Preparation.
- Strategy and Books for Early Birds To Clear IAS Exam.
- How to clear Civil Services prelims?
- How can smart aspirants like you clear UPSC Prelims ‘the smart way’?
- 5 reasons why you should take more UPSC Prelims mock tests
- Civil Service Prelims: 6 Month Strategy – Part 1.
- Civil Service Prelims: 6 Month Strategy – Part 2.
- How much time will it take to clear IAS prelims?
- IAS Books for Civil Services Prelims and Mains Exam Preparation.
- Strategy and Study Plan for Clearing IAS Mains Exam.
- How to clear Civil Services mains?
- How To Select IAS Mains Optional As Per The Latest UPSC Syllabus?
- How To Write A Good Essay In Civil Service Mains Exam?
- Prelims cum Mains Integrated approach to clear IAS.
How to study?
- How To Study Science and Technology For IAS Exam?
- How To Study Environment For IAS Exam?
- How To Study Foreign Relations of India For UPSC Mains?
- How To Study International Affairs for UPSC Mains Exam?
- How To Study Security and Disaster Management for UPSC Mains Exam?
- How To Study Ethics Paper in IAS Mains GS?
Note: If you are new to ClearIAS, we suggest you to start from ClearIAS sitemap. Printing or sharing the content for personal use/learning/research is allowed, but not for commercial use. Hope you understand the spirit behind this initiative. Thanks!