ClearIAS.com has been receiving a lot of positive feedback from the IAS aspirants community for maintaining an updated list of useful books for IAS exam preparation (English medium). As many aspirants with Hindi as the medium of the UPSC examination requested us to provide a similar list of helpful UPSC/IAS books in the Hindi language, in this post we are creating a separate compilation of IAS Books in Hindi. Links to buy these books online at discounted prices are also provided. Take maximum benefit of the same. All the best!
NCERT Books Set (Hindi Medium) for UPSC Exam (Set of 36 or 40 books)
- Prarambhik Bharat Ka Parichay (Hindi).
- Madhyakaleen Bharat: Rajniti, Samaj Aur Sanskriti.
- Adhunik Bharat Ka Etihas – By Vipan Chandra OR Adhunik Bharat Ka Etihas – By Spectrum.
- Bharat Ka Rashtria Aandolan – Bipan Chandra.
- Bharatiya Kala, Sanskriti Evam Virasat: Civil Sewa Pariksha Hetu.
- Bhugol – Spectrum OR Bharat Ka Bhugol.
- Orient Blackswan Vishwa Atlas Laghu Sanskaran (Hindi).
- Bharat Evam Vishwa Ka Bhugol – Hussain.
- Bharat Ki Rajvyavastha (भारत की राजव्यवस्था) – By M. Laxmi Kanth.
- Bharat Ka Samvidhan: Ek Parichaya – D. D. Basu.
- Hamari Sansad – Kashyap S (Extra Reference).
- Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki: Oxford University Press – Hindi Edition
- Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki: Civil Sewa Pariksha Hetu.
- Vigyan Evam Prodhyogiki Ka Vikas: Civil Sewa Pariksha Hetu – TMH.
- Vigyan Avum Prodhogyki – Spectrum.
- Samanya Adhyayan: Paper I 2018 (Hindi Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education.
- Samanya Adhyayan: Paper II 2018 (Hindi Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education.
- CSAT – Topic Wise Solved Papers: IAS Prelims – 23 Varsh Samanya Adyayan.
- UPSC Samanya Adhyayan – 10 Practice Sets (Paper 1).
- 15 Practice Sets – CSAT Civil Service Aptitude Test (Paper 2).
- IAS Mains Samanya Adhyan Adhyaywar Hal Prashan Patra (1997-2016)
- Lucent’s Samanya Gyan.
- Vastunisth Samanya Gyan Adhyaywar 6250+ Prashno Ka Aadwitiya Sangrah.
- Samanya Gyan 2018.
Books for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam in Hindi Medium (Additional IAS Books in Hindi)
- Samkaleen Vishwa Ka Itihas 1890 – 2008.
- Palassi Se Vibhajan Tak : Adhunik Bharat Ka Itihas.
- Antharashtriya Sangathan.
- Bharat Ki Videsh Neeti.
- IAS Mukhya Pariksha Samanya Addhyan Paper 4 Nitishastra, Satyanishtha Aur Abhiruchi.
- Bharat Ki Aantrik Suraksha – Mukhya Chunautiya.
- Samajik Samasyayein – Ram Ahuja.
- Bharat: Gandhi Ke Baad – Ramchandra Guha.
New books in the Hindi Language helpful for UPSC Exams
When compared to book in the English language, there are fewer books in Hindi or other regional languages for UPSC exam preparation. But you can access the latest books released in the market by following the link: UPSC Books in the Hindi Language (Click to buy Online).
- The full list of UPSC books available in Amazon.
- The full list of UPSC books available in Flipkart.
- Recommended list of UPSC books available in Flipkart.
Free Online Resources For IAS Prelims and Mains
- NCERT Books Download.
- Yojana Magazine Download.
- Kurukshetra Magazine.
- Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine.
- IGNOU Books.
- Clear IAS Online Study Materials.
ClearIAS Prelims Mock Test Series
As you may know, only when tested in an exam atmosphere with negative marking, you can improve the ability to deliver in the actual exam hall. Try for free the UPSC Prelims online mock exams by Clear IAS in the new innovative platform which integrates learning with test-taking. You would be surprised to find how fast you can learn!
Tips regarding IAS book selection
PS: You might also like to read: Books for UPSC Civil Service Preliminary Exam Preparation (English) and Books for UPSC Civil Service Main Exam Preparation (English).
- It’s not necessary to read 201-heavy-weight-books to clear IAS! But at the same time, quality books can keep you focussed and save time by providing otherwise scattered information in a single place. Concentrate on a few good ones as mentioned in this website along with NCERT books and use additional books only for reference.
- Please note that though UPSC notification contains syllabus for Prelims and Mains, there is no mention any reference book for Civil Services Exam. The mentioned books are based on the feedback from many aspirants/toppers who found them useful for the exam.
- The requirement of IAS Books in Hindi depends upon the time available and confidence level of the candidate.
- We keep updating this page when new IAS Books in Hindi worth the time and money of candidate appear in the market. So come back to check this page again!