UPSC has released the timetable for the Civil Services Main Exam (written) 2019. Exams will start on September 20, 2019, and extend until September 29, 2019.
Only those candidates who qualified in the Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2019 (objective) will be allowed to sit for the Main Exam 2019.
9 Papers for UPSC CSE Mains 2019
There are 9 papers for the UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam. However, marks of only 7 papers will be counted for final ranking. 2 Papers (Indian Language and English) are qualifying in nature. For more details, check the UPSC syllabus for the Main Exam.
UPSC Mains 2019 Timetable
Each exam is for 3 hours!
- The forenoon session is between 9.00 A.M. and 12.00 Noon while the afternoon session is between 2.00 P.M. and 5.00 P.M.
- The exam starts on 20-09-19 (Essay Paper)
- There are back-to-back exams on 21-09-19 and 22-09-19 (General Studies).
- However, there is a gap of 6 days for the next exam, i.e. Indian Language Paper (Paper A) on 28-09-19.
- The final exam is that of the optional subject on 29-09-2019.
Allowed Indian Language Papers (Paper A)
UPSC allows Assamese/Bengali/Bodo/Dogri/ Gujarati/Hindi/Kannada/Kashmiri/ Konkani/Maithili/Malayalam/Manipuri/ Marathi/Nepali/Oriya/Punjabi/Sanskrit/ Santhali/Sindhi (Devanagari/Arabic Script)/Tamil/Telugu/Urdu.
Allowed Optional Papers (Paper VI and Paper VII)
UPSC allows Agriculture/Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/Anthropology/ Botany/Chemistry/Civil Engineering/ Commerce & Accountancy/Economics/ Electrical Engineering/Geography/ Geology/History/Law/Management/ Mathematics/Mechanical Engineering/ Medical Science/Philosophy/Physics/ Political Science & International Relations/Psychology/Public
Administration/Sociology/Statistics/ Zoology/Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese/Bengali/Bodo/Dogri/ Gujarati/Hindi/Kannada/Kashmiri/ Konkani/Maithili/Malayalam/Manipuri/ Marathi/Nepali/Oriya/Punjabi/Sanskrit/ Santhali/Sindhi/Tamil/Telugu/Urdu/ English
You may note that – there are two papers, but only 1 optional subject to choose from. For example – History Paper 1 and History Paper 2.
UPSC Mains 2019 Timetable in Brief
- 20.09.2019 – (Friday) – Paper-I Essay
- 21.09.2019 – Saturday) – Paper-II General Studies-I and Paper-III General Studies-II
- 22.09.2019 (Sunday) – Paper-IV General Studies-III and Paper-V General Studies-IV
- 28.09.2019 (Saturday) Paper-A Indian Language and Paper-B English
- 29.09.2019 (Sunday) Paper-VI Optional Paper-I and Paper-VII Optional Paper-II
ClearIAS Study materials for UPSC Mains 2019
If you are looking topic wise study materials, refer to the links below:
- World History Notes – In Mains GS1 Paper
- Indian Society Notes – In Mains GS1 Paper
- Foreign Relations Notes – In Mains GS2 Paper
- International Affairs Notes – In Mains GS2 Paper
- Internal Security Notes – In Mains GS3 Paper
- Disaster Management Notes – In Mains GS3 Paper
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude Notes – In Mains GS4 Paper
Also, revise the topics, you already covered for UPSC CSE Prelims.
- Indian History Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from the History Section Sitemap.
- Geography Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from the Geography Section Sitemap.
- Economics Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from the Economics Section Sitemap.
- Indian Polity Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from the Polity Section Sitemap.
- Environment Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from the Environment Section Sitemap.
- Science and Tech Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may start from the Science and Tech Section Sitemap.
- Current Affairs Notes – Prelims+Mains. You may begin to from the Current Affairs Section Sitemap.
ClearIAS Mains Program
To know what is included in the ClearIAS Mains Program, check this link. All the best!